Tiling in bathroom wrong

New Build Inspections

T1985

Hi I move into my Persimmon home next week and went for a look round today while a builder was in there, I paid for the bathroom fully tiled and originally asked for it horizonal but after speaking to a tiler at work he said it won't look right so called in sales office and changed it to vertical, I even drew her a picture as an example. Anyway iv gone into the house and it's been tiled horizontal instead of vertical and it's not been staggered either. What should I do?

Dez

Aaaah Persimmons. Dontcha luv em. They don't do grey just.... black and white. Very rare they can accommodate anything as their contractors are contracted to just do what is in the brochure.....yeah expensive overpriced different tiles can be arranged at a cost which they take a fair percentage but as for nice patterns hmmmmm. The sales offices are trained to be completely customer adverse with Persimmons benefit the only mantra they know..... no matter who said what there will be no record and all will be denied by everyone. An escalation to one of the management team on customer relations might be met with some sympathy however bottom line is they will not want to detile the bathroom or pay for the contractor to come back and do it all again. Hopefully you have
something in writing, text or email which is the only way you deal with this Company as denial is their middle name....something potential Persimmons purchaser should consider no matter how nice and accommodating you think Sales are treating you.

T1985

Luckily it was in writing the sales advisor changed the tile orientation for me, so it's the tiler whos cocked up, they are stripoing the walls back and doing it again correctly

Dez

Great result....I know how much it ruins owners feel for a new property when things do not go to plan as you have to live with the issue for a long time. I have experience with this Company, on several issues, and one of their vulnerabilities is very poor communication between trades, site management and their sales team and their folk on the ground. Add to their comms woes a high staff turnover one is not surprised things get lost.

NewHomeExpert

It is this lack of attention to detail that contributes to Persimmon's very bad reputation.
OK so this time there was a written record, but the wall behind the tiles will be damaged during removal.

Sarah Ginger

This will sound totally random and I'm not sure if anyone could help me? I live in a persimmon homes which is 6 years old. The tiles in our bathroom have cracked and we need to replace them. But they do not make them anymore!!!!!! No spares were left at the property incase this happened. Please any advice anyone might have would be so appreciated.