Recent content by bindu4076

New Build Inspections
  1. B

Help needed regarding blocked drains please!

Just an update on our drains problem! After confronting Bellway with a copy of dvd survey that I commissioned on my property, the entire foul water drain system on my property as well as certain drains on my neighbour's property has to be replaced. In fact, my neighbour had two buried...
  2. B

Professional Snagging Inspectors

I myself was happy I used a snagging inspector despite the problems. He saw things that I would never have picked up on...so to me it was money well spent. In all honesty, he could not have picked up some of the other major issues because the builder simply made it impossible to find the...
  3. B

It makes me feel a little bit better to know that I was correct in thinking that I did not need a full structural survey for a new build. This is what I had read when I did my research. However, it is little comfort, that despite following this advice re: snagging inspection etc: I have still...
  4. B

NHE Thank you for the advice. I am in the process of contacting NHBC about the drains as well. I just need to clarify some more points. FW = Fowl Water Drains – Run in back garden from our property No.13 to No.11 (left on the schematic diagram) FW IC1 - (small bin IC)….was blocked…the...
  5. B

On 17th December, we noticed that the water was flushing right up to the rim and draining very slowly. The customer care department said "since we had lived in the property for the last 18 months, then the problem could not be with the drains but most likely due to things that shouldn't be...
  6. B

Help - Roof Pictures raises a lot of questions?

Here is the picture of the loose tile clips!! Note top clip at the hip.
  7. B

NHE - We did have a professional snagging survey. He found 89 items to be fixed. Our solicitor was a family friend and he advised us not to even exchange until Bellway had agreed to address these before completion. Unfortunately, the site manager and the sales person did not give him a key to...
  8. B

Help - Roof Pictures raises a lot of questions?

Background Bought a Bellway in June 2012. Started having a lot of problems after about 3 months. Buzzing sounds coming from attic space above the loft bedroom! To my horror....when opening the attic hatch....there were flies flying around. Apparantly, we had a cluster fly infestation...
  9. B

NHBC Butchered My Roof

NHE - thx for your reply & advice. I don't want to hijack the op's thread so will start a new post.
  10. B

NHBC Butchered My Roof

I have the same problem with my Bellway property in West Sussex. I bought a Bellway stock house in West Sussex in mid 2012. Unknown to me, the house had crumbling mortar problems. Bellway repointed the property during the 5 weeks between our exchange and completion. We were only made...