Wrong kitchen installed- Help!!!

Discussion in 'Bryant Homes' started by Darsh, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Darsh

Darsh New Member

Hi, I have just bought a new build moving in a few weeks time. I had a viewing with the site manager on Sat and found the kitchen to be not the one I ordered, looks like the homes consultant did not send the correct paperwork to the contractors. Anyway since then she has avoided me not returning my calls. I feel there has been a lack of communication with the homes consultant all through the process and now she has the commission can't be bothered with me. The only person that seems to be on my side is the assistant site manager. Just can't believe how I have been treated and will next contact the home consultant manager. But thought I would see if anyone has any ideas as to what next?????

I am quite horrified by all this....

Please help!!!!

2. Tony

Tony Administrator

Apologies Darsh, missed this one. Do you have any documents to prove that they have installed the wrong kitchen?

Tony

3. Darsh

Darsh New Member

Wrong Kitchen installed- Help!!!

Hi Tony, yes I have documents to prove that, thankfully it has been since resolved they have given adequate compensation for this and luckily I like the kitchen alot. I just went for a viewing before my move next week and horrified as to how many snags there are, they have told me that I should wait till I have moved in and then construct a full snag list. Felt that was unprofessional surely they should try to rectify as many things before my move date. Pretty appalled by this. Also I have an end of terrace plot and the homes consultant said that I might not have side access to the garden now, going to take this up with the convenyancer as the plans I have signed have access stated. I am just finding the experience a nitemare.

Any advice about this.

Thanks

Darshini

4. Tony

Tony Administrator

Hi Darsh,

Great news. Yes, the reality is very different to the dream they sell you in the brochures. You are absolutely right it is better to get the snags dealt with before you move in to minimise disruption.

Tony

5. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

I would refuse to move in. Due to past experience once you are in they wont be bothered about you.