We give in!!

Discussion in 'Bryant Homes' started by maverick, Nov 11, 2009.

1. maverick

maverick New Member

After two and a half years in our new Bryant home of:

- Draughty windows and doors.
    - Appalling plumbing, 9 leaks - I will upload a photo showing just how shockingly bad the plumbing was.
    - Poor heat insulation, there was none in the garage roof below a bedroom and a freezing cold utility and kitchen.
    - Absolutely no sound insulation, the stud partitions had no sound insulating fill at all anywhere, you really could hear a pin drop in other rooms.
    - Numerous other minor and not so minor issues.
    -Yes, we went down the route of going to the head of Taylor Wimpey (East) to try and get it all sorted.

We have now sold up and moved on at a CONSIDERABLE financial cost. Bryant are still building on the site and the quality is just as bad. A work colleague has just bought the same house style built by Bryant in Peebles and it has many of the faults I had but with the addition of mis-matched windows. The advantage for him is I've forewarned him and he's been able to get some sorted items before he moved in.

I cannot understand how builders can produce such shoddy quality and there's so little you can do about it. If you bought a new car with so many faults you would almost certainly get a replacement or your money back. This is the second new build in 7 years we have bought and both have been absolutely crap frankly. I don't think there are ANY new builders out there producing anything of even reasonable build quality.

2. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

We know how you feel.
    We have been fighting Bryant Homes (The Cowboys) for nearly 2 years now.
    Our house contains endless faults and illegal issues, but they refuse to come and fix the faults. Even a judge can't get these schysters to fix our faults.
    I feel for you. Hope you have better luck in the future.
    Have a look at mybryanthomeiscrap.co.uk