Water logged garden

Discussion in 'Bellway Homes' started by JPHH, Jan 15, 2015.

1. JPHH

JPHH New Member

Good evening I've had a quick browse around the forum and have seen this issue raised previously.

I'm in the process of buying a new home and managed to view the property properly for the first time today.

I'm a little concerned about the amount of surface water on the mud in the rear garden. I've seen that there have been drainage issues and the garden is a big thing for us having a young daughter.

Should I hold fire on completing in hope they may sort the issue or will they just do the bare minimum of 3m?

2. JPHH

JPHH New Member

Doesn't appear to be loads but in my opinion seems to much standing water IMAG0541.jpg

3. Ayshea

Ayshea New Member

Not an expert on drainage but if there has been drainage issues with other plots on the site then maybe your plot is also affected. A friend of mine moved into a new build a couple of years ago, the garden became water logged over. The developer laid a new drainage trench but only after she insisted there was a problem. When they came it was summer and there was no water on the surface, they wanted to wait until they could see the problem.

Not sure that poor drainage is a reason not to complete - could be classed as a snagging issue that could be sorted after you have completed. I'm not sure on this I believe you would need to check the contracts you exchanged. If the NHBC pass it, even with a drainage problem, then I think you may have to complete. Do check with your solicitor though.