Terrible sound proofing


New Member

We recently brought a shared ownership terraced housing, and the sound proof is awful. We can hear neighbours from both sides talking, and drawers being opened and closed (So airbourn and impact)

Talking to our shared ownership company the developers have told them they used robust details E-WM-30 soundproofing which means that no sound test was ever needed. Is their a way to force them to perform these tests?

Gemma Heeley

New Member
i have been looking into the same apart from mine been a detached house, from all the research and reading I have done the minimum is 40 and should not have used 30. I even spoke with citizens advice, who basically said the same as I read. Hope I was some kind of help and good luck with it all.
so I meant 40 decibels
Last edited: