Taylor Wimpey customer service rubbish and complaints process a farse

Discussion in 'Other developers' started by JLyon63, Feb 27, 2017.

1. JLyon63

JLyon63 New Member

I moved in to my Taylor Wimpey house in April 2016. There were a few snags which I marked on the 7 and 28 day checks. The biggest snag was that my garage is damp due to the neighbour's plot being higher than mine so their soil is piled against my garage wall. The damp has caused everything in the garage to become damp too and some things have already got black mould growing on them. 10 months later and I'm still trying to get them to sort it out and commit to paying for my damaged goods. The fix will be a small cavity wall on the neighbour's side. Taylor Wimpey finally organized for Aeropark to do the fix. Aeropark contacted my neighbours to ask them to leave their garden gate open for access and my neighbours told them that they knew nothing about any wall to be built. Nobody at Taylor Wimpey had contacted them......at all! They knew of the issue only because I had told them of it when they moved in back in June 2016. So we're back to nothing happening again. That is just the garage issue. There have been lots more issues and getting them resolved has been a very slow very frustrating process. In the last 6 months I have spent hours on the phone chasing Taylor Wimpey and their 3rd parties. I have escalated my issues in accordance with the complaints process. I have spoken to managers who promise to call me back but don't and after chasing for their responses they put me right back to the customer services representative that I was already dealing with and who had not sorted out my issues hence why I was complaining in the first place. The area manager visited me twice and I never heard from her either. The customer service people seem to change every couple of months or so, and the next time I phone and am dealing with someone new I have to start all over again as they don't know what needs to be done. Now they've told me that they won't re-imburse me for any damaged goods because legally only a car is supposed to be kept in a garage. Black mould in a new built garage is apparently acceptable. Not sure Health and Safety or Shelter will agree with that statement. I think I'll give them a call and find out. All in all the build quality of the house is good. But Taylor Wimpey's after sales service really lets them down.

2. TaylorWimpeyHell

TaylorWimpeyHell New Member

Really feel for you. Are you dealing with TW NorthWest?

We've had a similar experience. Moved in July 2016 with loads of issues. They started igniting us in autumn. At Christmas they needed access to our garden to be able to sign off the site as a whole and I refused. Have since had a few things done and it's slowing down to a trickle again.

I rang NHBC about them and on the phone they were nice and helpful but I've seen reports of them being toothless. It's worth calling them as TW had never sent the info to register us with them. Nay be the same case for you.

I can't offer any advice but, having seen news reports from others, I've just opened a Twitter account and if I get the gumption will try and embarrass them on public media.

3. homebuyer

homebuyer New Member

I feel your pain!

I've been waiting 15 months now to get a lot of issues rectified. There have been so many snags & major faults with nearly every room in the house, including the ceiling not being supported so the beams kept sagging down. Had to get the stairs replaced twice, flooring taken up and floorboards secured down as they were loose, ceiling re-done four times, kitchen flooring done wrong, fencing all mouldy and rotten within weeks of moving in, turf in back garden died within weeks and I've tried various things to bring it back to life. The neighbours are the same and have multiple issues with their homes, including one who's shower wall collapsed in on itself because there were no beams behind the plasterboard/tiles to support the wall, and another who's front room ceiling collapsed (luckily whilst they were out).

And it's the same as you with customer services. I've had to chase constantly to get the guys round to do the work. The guys are great and are doing a great job but they're so busy and overbooked with snagging work, whilst the TW customer service manager doesn't care that I've had to waste a big chunk of my annual leave to be in the house for the builders.... if they show up which some days they hadn't as they'd been double booked.

Anyone who hasn't bought through TW and are considering it, DON'T!!! The houses look nice but the ones around my area are shoddy and the after-sales service is appalling. I'm looking to get the work done and sell up ASAP.

4. homebuyer

homebuyer New Member

I feel your pain! I've been chasing TW for 15 months to get a satisfactory outcome. I've got building work still going on and I'm fuming with them as I've had to use the majority of my annual leave to allow access to the house, even on the days when the builders didn't show up because they were so over-booked due to the vast amount of problems on the estate. TW keep them in work.

Keep hounding them, their customer service is a disgrace and so are their homes. I can only imagine the supervisor who signs the houses off as acceptable doesn't go inside the homes.