Storm damage!!!!

Discussion in 'Bryant Homes' started by kem, Sep 10, 2008.

1. kem

kem New Member

We moved into our bryant home 3 months ago and we have had nothing but problems.ie incorrect wiring x3, installation error in hot water system hot water intermittently coming from cold tap, central heating not functioning ...to name but a few.

During the recent heavy rain within our area water began to penetrate through the brick work at the bay window in the lounge. The bay that juts out has a flat roof and the water was running down the walls so much so it soaked the carpet. It obviously has not been sealed effectively.To my utmost shock without anyone coming out to examine the problem head office diagnosed storm damage and therefore stated it was up to us to contact our insurance company. This in addition to all the other problems really is the final straw. Any advice would be gratefully received.

2. Tony

Tony Administrator

"Pull the other one" should have been your reply. I am sure the insurance company will say the same. I really don't know how these people sleep at night.

3. willyj

willyj New Member

A pity that a "Quality" housebuilder should see fit to use an Insurance Company type scam. Where is the "Customer Service" element of that response?

4. kem

kem New Member

Apparently 8 houses in the estate had leaks and the blanket response from head office is they will take no action. It is in the hands of our solicitor so will let you know the outcome...mean while my lounge is in a mess while we argue this out. I wasnt even looking for compensation just to get it sorted so every time it rains i am not in a state!!!

5. Maple Lodge

Maple Lodge New Member