Render Crack

SimonB14

Hi,

I have recently brought a new build and the house builder (linden homes) told me from day one there was a crack. It’s the length of the building horizontally. They have filled it in as per the photo. I am concerned with what could have caused it??
The current solution being proposed is to leave it for 6month to see if it get worst (over winter). I don’t think that’s a great idea to be honest.

I have requested the specification of the render but not received it yet.

can anyone provide advise on the issue and remedy/ approaches to resolve this.

Attachments

• E4A6A453-0F03-4009-A6C5-98B72646556F.jpeg
    E4A6A453-0F03-4009-A6C5-98B72646556F.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

I have recently brought a new build and the house builder (linden homes) told me from day one there was a crack. It’s the length of the building horizontally. They have filled it in as per the photo. I am concerned with what could have caused it??
The current solution being proposed is to leave it for 6month to see if it get worst (over winter). I don’t think that’s a great idea to be honest.

I have requested the specification of the render but not received it yet.

can anyone provide advise on the issue and remedy/ approaches to resolve this.
We purchase a new how and depend on the insurance from the NHBC, has anyone ever thought of investigating how the builder is backed up to the hilt by these inspectors - should we not “follow the money” I am sure there could be a link somewhere?????????

new build inspector

snagging inspections 01788 494400
unusual to see a long horizontal crack like that

as to the cause there could be a number of reasons and we wont know until investigation is made

come back in 6 months is code for ....hope you go away and forget about it

nothing will change it cant suddenly get better , but it can get worse and looks bad when you might come to sell

write to them tell them youre not happy ...and go to the NHBC and make a claim if you have to