Poor Snagging Services - what to do and how and where to complain ?

licheechung

I am from overseas and have family members in London. I have just bought a new house ( completed last month ) intending to stay for a couple of months a year and for my family members to stay as well. Due to Covid-19 I am not able to come to London and complete the handover myself. I have thus hired a Property Management company, recommended by the property agent, to do a snagging report for the house. I received the report stating almost everything is alright with some minor issues.

But a week later when my daughter went to see the house for the first time, there are multiple serious and obvious issues that are present, something a total non professional can easily see within a short few minutes visit.

I wrote an e mail to the company to complain about it, ask for a refund ( or partial refund ) and at the same time send a report to the house builder to register the problems and ask them to fix. The property management company casually said apology but offer nothing ( an apology without truly meaning sorry at all ). In my situation, what can I do to at make a complaint ? I can guess that these are honest mistakes but if push hard enough you cannot rule out there are collusion between house builder and the snagging company knowing I cannot be present immediately to view the house.

Any suggestion welcome and much appreciated.

Makebetterhomes

Administrator
its difficult to comment without seeing the unit

all you can do is get a second opinion , and if they find anything wrong , ask for a refund from the first company you used

ewltiglao

I am from overseas and have family members in London. I have just bought a new house ( completed last month ) intending to stay for a couple of months a year and for my family members to stay as well. Due to Covid-19 I am not able to come to London and complete the handover myself. I have thus hired a Property Management company, recommended by the property agent, to do a snagging report for the house. I received the report stating almost everything is alright with some minor issues.

But a week later when my daughter went to see the house for the first time, there are multiple serious and obvious issues that are present, something a total non professional can easily see within a short few minutes visit.

I wrote an e mail to the company to complain about it, ask for a refund ( or partial refund ) and at the same time send a report to the house builder to register the problems and ask them to fix. The property management company casually said apology but offer nothing ( an apology without truly meaning sorry at all ). In my situation, what can I do to at make a complaint ? I can guess that these are honest mistakes but if push hard enough you cannot rule out there are collusion between house builder and the snagging company knowing I cannot be present immediately to view the house.

Any suggestion welcome and much appreciated.
There are good snagging companies in England. I manage to find one in Scotland and I am pleased with snag report. I think a combination of personal inspection and snag report will complete the process of checking defects. It is also better to check for reviews on the housing development.

licheechung

Thanks for the advice. I am sure there are plenty good companies doing a fine job. The problem for me is I happened to have appointed a poor one. I am just looking / asking for an organization of consumer protection etc to report my incident so that other people can be made aware of this company that I use.

MarlinBouck

my wife and I are really happy having stumbled across this site, it's toally everything my friends and I have been looking for. The information here on the web site is beneficial and needed and is going to help my family and friends quite often. It shows that the site gained a lot of details about the stuff I am interested in and other pages and info really show it. I'm not usually on the internet when I am busy but when I have some time im usually scouring for this kind of factual information or stuff closely having to do with it. I have a few of my relatives that have acquired an interest in this because of all that I have discovered about it and they will definitely to be visiting this website since it is such an work changing treasure. I am also interested in government issues and coping with the new turns and twists in politics. When someone gets a chance, have a look at my site: Wedding photographer in Seattle

MarlinBouck

my wife and I are lucky having discovered this web site, it is toally what my friends from work and I have been hoping for. The details here on the web site is with out a doubt appreciated and is going to help me quite often. It shows that everyone acquired a large amount of knowledge about the things I am interested in and the other hyper links and information definitely show it. I am not on the internet all of the time but when I get a chance i'm always perusing for this type of factual information or stuff similarly having to do with it. I have two of my friends that have also picked up a liking in this because of all that I have found out about it and they will for sure to be visiting the web site because it is such an excellent score. I'm also facsinated in politics and coping with the new twists and turns in politics. When you get a chance, check out at my website: Richmond Wedding Photographer