Poor communication from Persimmon - what should we do?

panicked

Hello

In a bit of a panic, as you can probably tell from my username.

I have just received a phone call from Persimmon asking why we haven't turned up for our look round. I replied to say that we hadn't received any notification of an appointment. The person asked if I had received any emails or phone calls from her colleague, and I told them that I hadn't.

So apparently we are booked in to receive our keys and complete paperwork next week, which again we knew nothing about. We both have Help to Buy ISAs and were waiting to hear from Persimmon before instructing our solicitor to pull down these funds.

At no point was an apology offered or a reason given for why we had no notification of these appointments. I have checked both our inboxes and voicemails, and there is nothing - nothing at all from them. We were told that we would be given three weeks notice of our look round appointment.

What should we do? My instinct is to complain, but unsure if I am being unreasonable?

new build inspector

snagging inspections 01788 494400
There should be no need to complain

They should simply arrange another opportunity
They should take responsability if they want you to come to them
Its thier paperwork

Dez

It's bonus time when completed contracts makes the difference between bosses getting a b and b in Margate or a tax haven holiday in the tropics. They will move heaven and earth to push sales into certain sales periods to make cosy reading for some suit at Persimmons towers or shareholders. Meanwhile the punters are made to jump through hoops and bend over backwards to accommodate their usual incompetence in arranging anything especially finishing a house in good time. The standard of their administrators and sales offices are poor so not surprised to hear you had no notification from anyone until they realise they have screwed up and need some one to blame. The man at the top is the one
to go for to complain he was the one who stated he was going to fix things and improve the way his company treats its unvalued customers. You obviously have not even got to having the pleasure of dealing with their Customer Relations teams so good luck when you do. Send an urgent email laying out exactly what has happened and laying the fault clearly where it belongs with his own teams if he is any boss worth his bonus he should override this situation and give you the proper time to view with the correct time allowance and do not let them rush you round to avoid contract sign off with dealing with late snagging. It is the only time you see full Persimmons crews rushing around fixing their faulty and unfinished work.

naveen

compain

Hello there,

Its TOTALLY their fault. They should send a letter stating completion and an invitaton for the visit. It shouldn't be done over the phone.
So no point even telling them about emails and phone calls.
Put your foot down. Don't accept their arguments.
Its not fault of yours.

Good luck mate

Hello

In a bit of a panic, as you can probably tell from my username.

I have just received a phone call from Persimmon asking why we haven't turned up for our look round. I replied to say that we hadn't received any notification of an appointment. The person asked if I had received any emails or phone calls from her colleague, and I told them that I hadn't.

So apparently we are booked in to receive our keys and complete paperwork next week, which again we knew nothing about. We both have Help to Buy ISAs and were waiting to hear from Persimmon before instructing our solicitor to pull down these funds.

At no point was an apology offered or a reason given for why we had no notification of these appointments. I have checked both our inboxes and voicemails, and there is nothing - nothing at all from them. We were told that we would be given three weeks notice of our look round appointment.

What should we do? My instinct is to complain, but unsure if I am being unreasonable?

Last edited by a moderator: