Persimmons Heathfield Muirhead - I need some info please.

New Build Inspections

Shade2017

Hi,

I've reserved a plot in Heathfield, Muirhead (Scotland) and wondered if anyone else has bought or reserved one nearby?

We've been given an estimated completion date between Dec and Feb, but within 3 days of reserving it moved up to the end of March. My wife goes on Maternity leave in December so we need to time the Mortgage application carefully. If the house continues to be delayed then we won't be able to re-apply for the mortgage.

All of the threads are now putting us off Persimmons so it would be really helpful to hear from someone else in that estate.

Is there anyone here?

Thanks,

sandman

Hi, I bought and moved into this development in May and so for love it. There has been plenty of snagging needing done but so far Persimmon have been pretty good at getting it all done (although things have slowed down over the holiday period).

If you are on facebook there is a facebook page set up buy some residents and any queries you have will be answered on there by existing owners.

Shade2017

Thanks for the reply - did you have any delays with your move in date? That's our biggest concern just now. If we're not careful with things then we could end up paying the 20% for our added extras but then not having the mortgage re-approved if we go past the March completion date.

Is the Facebook page specifically for the Heathfields area? I'll need to check it out.

Thanks again

sandman

Thanks for the reply - did you have any delays with your move in date? That's our biggest concern just now. If we're not careful with things then we could end up paying the 20% for our added extras but then not having the mortgage re-approved if we go past the March completion date.

Is the Facebook page specifically for the Heathfields area? I'll need to check it out.

Thanks again

pm sent re. the facebook page.

sandman

Oh - our house was already complete when we bought it so there were no delays with our move in date (although we didn't get the keys till 6pm at night due to the phones/email server going down at persimmon (apparently). I think that was BS as the paint was still wet when we finally got access.