Persimmon Snag List

New Build Inspections

Agnes

I have moved into my new home 3 months ago and reported my snag list to Persimmon at the beginning of Jan.
I feel ignored and very angry. As soon as they get the money they don't care anymore. It is very hard to arrange anything with them.
I paid for some finishing touches and I am still waiting to get it done!!!!
I am not surprise that have only 3 stars from NHBC survays...

New Build Inspector

snagging inspections 01788 494400
an all too familiar post i an afraid

write to the MD

and if you do not get any joy from them go down the NHBC route and make a claim

its only when the stats for new home quality start going down because they are forced to record them will anything get done

Agnes

Thanks Steve for your post.

I have the LABC warranty not the NHBC. Can I claim snag issues under LABC same as under NHBC?

I wrote a letter this morning to MD. I hope this will help.

Thanks.

New Build Inspector

So long as the claim you make is for breaches of the warranty standards then you can make a claim

Its very easy
Give the LABC a call ,on 020 7091 6860 the number will be on internet
They may ask you what you are claiming for , and may try to advise you that certain things are not included and that there is a minimum claim value

Dont bother looking for claims on the new site ...as its vanished ....they dont anyone making any it seems

Dez

Very interesting that Persimmons are using LABC not NHBC not sure if this is a sharing situation or if they have moved their insurer. If it mirrors their build and contractor quality its because they must have quoted cheaper. I have just started using the NHBC complaints system as still got another year to go under the builders warranty and I wished I had done it earlier as they were very helpful sending representatives around to inspect the issues and now waiting to see if they have any leverage with this greedy second rate builder. As for writing to their MD or directors good luck. These directors are paid massive salaries and bonus payments for allowing their company to lose a star and having no expertise to make Persimmon a name to be proud of and are just chasing their own greed and not giving a toss for their customers sufferring the many issues arising from shoddy workmanship and quality......I personally think the Board are all a waste of time and surprised they are still actually running this Company from their total lack of interest in their poor quality and reputational damage. However that said I'm sure their shareholders are pleased just hope they get their taste of losing profit to remediation claims from their lacklustre Boards management. I think they are in competition with Bovis as to who is the worst Company. Apologise to the few great Persimmon site managers they have out there actually running a tight ship for the benefit of their customers despite their Companies poor leadership. Unfortunately these good guys do not last 5 minutes as they go against the grain in wanting to build good quality houses and satisfy their customers.......that attitude costs profit.

charlieboy

5 Star builder lol

I have moved into my new home 3 months ago and reported my snag list to Persimmon at the beginning of Jan.
I feel ignored and very angry. As soon as they get the money they don't care anymore. It is very hard to arrange anything with them.
I paid for some finishing touches and I am still waiting to get it done!!!!
I am not surprise that have only 3 stars from NHBC survays...

Have you filled in the survey form yet they tend to want a 5 Star rating play on this and go for everything you can think of they hate not having good feedbck
I agree go to the NHBC or LABC highlight everything
I know from working for them how bad they are at customer service just keep calling the build director keep telling him you will go to social media he will soon listen

Last edited:

charlieboy

Labc

Very interesting that Persimmons are using LABC not NHBC not sure if this is a sharing situation or if they have moved their insurer. If it mirrors their build and contractor quality its because they must have quoted cheaper. I have just started using the NHBC complaints system as still got another year to go under the builders warranty and I wished I had done it earlier as they were very helpful sending representatives around to inspect the issues and now waiting to see if they have any leverage with this greedy second rate builder. As for writing to their MD or directors good luck. These directors are paid massive salaries and bonus payments for allowing their company to lose a star and having no expertise to make Persimmon a name to be proud of and are just chasing their own greed and not giving a toss for their customers sufferring the many issues arising from shoddy workmanship and quality......I personally think the Board are all a waste of time and surprised they are still actually running this Company from their total lack of interest in their poor quality and reputational damage. However that said I'm sure their shareholders are pleased just hope they get their taste of losing profit to remediation claims from their lacklustre Boards management. I think they are in competition with Bovis as to who is the worst Company. Apologise to the few great Persimmon site managers they have out there actually running a tight ship for the benefit of their customers despite their Companies poor leadership. Unfortunately these good guys do not last 5 minutes as they go against the grain in wanting to build good quality houses and satisfy their customers.......that attitude costs profit.

The reason why they use LABC rather than NHBC is simple
I have got CML without a kitchen before now with LABC plus other items missing like glazing and garage doors.
The NHBC will not stoop so low and are more strict

New Build Inspector

i agree

builders are monitoring social media and forums like this more than ever now

and will sometimes contact owners direct by PM on these media , asking them to take it down and they will get everything done

its a kind of gagging clause i guess , but if it works , it works , because writing to the MDs of these companies doesn't seem to work any more , there's just to many now for yours to stand out

Agnes

Thanks for commenting.

In relation to the warranty I only realised it is LABC not the NHBC after completion!

While speaking to the sales office I had a impression it is going to be NHBC. I paid even the fee to my solicitor to register in NHBC.

I was really suprised when Watson Ramsbottom (if you choose these Persimmon solicitors you get £1000 towards the legal costs) sent me email about refunding the NHBC registration fee. They have never brought it to my attention that it is going to be LABC!!!

After checking all paperwork I found the checklist they sneaked in with small print which I signed in the sales office...

Dez

Do you think the LABC Insurance will be cheaper for you or the Builder? From the comments it would appear the Builder will get an easier PR ride and have less visibility from adverse feedback. Insurers will have much more interest in the major structural issues than the small petty customer problems as they will be facing the potential hit over the policy excess whatever that is. Having such a discount from a Persimmon recommended solicitor does not sit comfortable feels like the motor claim referrals system where some solicitors paid out lucrative commission to garages and insurers to secure the business. As has been advised on this site previously have such a close relationship with a solicitor being recommended by a builder is perhaps not a great idea even though
the initial savings are attractive when trying to save money.

New Build Inspector

yes LABC will be cheaper and a lot less bureaucratic than the NHBC

The NHBC still has a near monopoly status ,with in excess of 90% of all policies , and the rest , BLP , Premier, LABC , Checkmate, advantage and others fight over the crumbs they leave

but all that said , if i were buying a house , knowing what i do , i would always choose one with an NHBC warranty if i could , and that is the problem , you dont get a choice its, decided for you

Agnes

I wrote to the MD and I am waiting for a reply.

I am very annoyed now as it seems they don't care at all.

This morning again I tried to contact Jordan the site manager in Lytham St. Annes. No answer. Left another message.

I will start talking to all potential customers passing my property and telling them about my problems. Plus I am going to do a signage for this weekend so everybody will find out how fantastic they are...

Bluemax

I wrote to the MD and I am waiting for a reply.

I am very annoyed now as it seems they don't care at all.

This morning again I tried to contact Jordan the site manager in Lytham St. Annes. No answer. Left another message.

I will start talking to all potential customers passing my property and telling them about my problems. Plus I am going to do a signage for this weekend so everybody will find out how fantastic they are...

Did you get any joy. I am hoping to be a neighbour to you soon for Lytham St. Annes appears to be one of the better sites. If you still have outstanding problems after over 3 months then that is a very bad sign. If they have sorted out your problems then I would be keen to know.

Agnes

I got the apology letter promising to do all snags but still waiting for any action. I spoke to my neighbour and he is waiting five months now...

Bluemax

I got the apology letter promising to do all snags but still waiting for any action. I spoke to my neighbour and he is waiting five months now...

Sorry to hear that. Have they completed your finishing touches? Are the snags major problems such as leaks?

naveen

Hi agnes

Its so scary to hear that customer care is awful across the board. I am waiting more than 3 months for someone to respond to snagging. Lame excuses.

Last edited by a moderator: