Ongoing Issues with Bryant

Discussion in 'Bryant Homes' started by Richard C, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Richard C

Richard C New Member

We bought a home from Bryant over three years ago. We had a snagging report by New Build Inspections but despite this, we still have many outstanding issues. We have had to go to the NHBC to get some resolved but with the others we are making very slow progress. We keep having meetings with the builders but it takes a lot of chasing to get any action. Some are minor issues but a number are more more major.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what to do next in order to speed things up? We are considering using the media to apply pressure. Can anyonne advise if this works or not?

Thanks

2. Tony

Tony Administrator

Hi Richard,

Yes the media can help, if you can get their attention. Have you used the NHBC resolution service?

Tony

3. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

Hi Richard,

As Tony has said the media can help, but in my case after being in the papers 3 times and on national TV once Bryant Homes still refuse to fix our faults.
    Court action or the Arbitrator scheme are the best ideas to resolve your issues.
    Taylor Wimpey are the UK's No 1 Cowboy Housing Developer, so once they have your money that is it. They do not care about you.
    But remember TW's solicitors know how to manipulate the Court system to dispute everything you are saying, so be prepared for them to twist everything around and blame YOU!!!

GK

4. Tony

Tony Administrator

I don't think they are different to any other solicitors to be fair. Many people have gone down the court route successfully, but they sign gagging orders and are unable to talk about it.

5. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

Really???? They are defending a multi billion pound builder and are being paid top money!!
    They admit liability and now they want to dispute the faults. They know how to play the system Tony.

6. Tony

Tony Administrator

Go along to the public gallery at your local magistrates court and see how they behave... but you are rights the ones that Taylor Wimpey can afford are probably in a different league.

7. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

I've been to the magistrates many times before. They are defending criminals, not companies. I should point out that my father is a magistrate and is the one that sits in the middle!!!!

8. Tony

Tony Administrator

I don't think they care who they defend like mercenaries.