Nicholas King Homes

New Build Inspections

starlitegaize

Hi fellow snagging.org members - do any of you have any prior experience with a building company called Nicholas King Homes?
Any information gratefully received.

Tony

Administrator
I have not heard of them which is a good thing. If they are a small family run business, for example, you will probably get a much better quality home and better service. Good luck.

Deadeye

I'd never heard of them until they stuck a sign up just down the road saying they were starting a new development just down the road.

They haven't got any bricks down yet but they don't seem to be hanging around with the ground works.

NewHomeExpert

I hadn't heard of them either!
If their homes are anything like their website I wouldn't go anywhere near them!
If they don't offer an NHBC warranty, don't buy.
They look like they build around 100 homes a year.

Anoniman

Hi Snagggers
It seems to be a few years since this thread has been used.
Has anyone had any recent expirence with NK homes?

Bornfree

Nicholas King Homes: Charming for sales but excruciatingly dreadful once they have your money! Arrogant and rude with dreadful customer service and no commitment to quality, making endless excuses for the cheap, inferior and low grade work they advertise for premium prices!! Customer service nil - just lip service. If you value your sanity, stay away from Nicholas King Homes.

Bornfree

Hi Snagggers
It seems to be a few years since this thread has been used.
Has anyone had any recent experience with NK homes?
Yes, we had a dreadful experience with NKH and I would never recommend them - steer clear and I wish you luck! See my post above.

Juergen

Hi Bornfree, my daughter is in the process of finalising a deal for a house in Chinnor (Driftway development). They seem not to be "that" responsive to detail but still pushy on having paperwork signed. I might call it a bit "sloppy" too, because they want you to sign up to info they have not provided yet . Would you mind extending a bit on your experience, such as which UK region and which quality issues and their response to specific requests. It's a bit of a pressing issue, so hope you (and others) may see this soon.