NHBC Funding

Would you prefer NHBC to be independent and work on behalf of the consumer?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NewBuild Reform

Hello,

I wondered how people feel about how NHBC is funded?

"NHBC has faced questions about its independence before because it is paid a membership fee by housebuilders, meaning they effectively fund it. However, this is the first time it has been revealed that NHBC pays millions back to developers. The payment is referred to as a “premium refund” in the financial accounts of NHBC. However, it is only mentioned in the notes to the accounts and the amount paid out is not disclosed" - source: The Guardian.

I wondered if people think it would be in their interest to change this so that NHBC works on behalf of the consumer instead?

Hello,

I wondered how people feel about how NHBC is funded?

"NHBC has faced questions about its independence before because it is paid a membership fee by housebuilders, meaning they effectively fund it. However, this is the first time it has been revealed that NHBC pays millions back to developers. The payment is referred to as a “premium refund” in the financial accounts of NHBC. However, it is only mentioned in the notes to the accounts and the amount paid out is not disclosed" - source: The Guardian.

I wondered if people think it would be in their interest to change this so that NHBC works on behalf of the consumer instead?
They are and owe their existence to the building companies. Should you start a movement to bring this to the people through the media, then count me in as a feed of information as I have been screwed by both Story Homes (the laughable 5 star builder) and the NHBC, their lap dogs.