Moorland Heights Ripponden West Yorkshire.

New Build Inspections

Homer Simpson

You know how it is, glossy brochures, the thoughts of been able to choose your own tiles, granite worktops etc, oh the regret !
From a distance the development looks the business, larger than average stone built detached houses in a semi rural location in an affluent area. Within days of moving to our house, a neighbouring family were moved out after a HUGE crack appeared down the front elevation of the home they had recently purchased, two months later they moved back in, after the ground on which their home was built was correctly 'piled', it had to be seen to be believed, had you not known the cause you could have quite easily believed a moderate earth quake was responsible.
Whilst our 380k house still remains standing we have had over 37 seperate faults, from a door slamming in the wind and a ceiling downlighter falling out to water pouring down the lounge wall from a water leak with involved the removal of a tiled bathside, tiled bathroom floor and eventually the floor boarding on the adjacent landing, nothing too major, it only took 9 working days to complete.
The general finish is little short of atrocious, most floors and stairs creek, all the supposed upgraded bathroom fittings have been replaced due to various kinds of failure, the central heating pipes 'bang', the personal door in the garage moved within the wall and turned to be fixed in place with nothing other than expanding foam, and externally the patio collapsed within 3 weks of moving in. It sounds awful does it not ?
This week the dishwasher failed, an engineer from the manufacture came out and I wasn't at all surprised when he showed me that the dishwasher wasn't secured in the housing correctly, oh and who ever fitted it had left the remains of his lunch pushed down the back, a half eaten sandwich, a crisp packet, oh, and a copy of the Daily Sport, need I say more ?
In summary, BUYER BEWARE, the residents of this disaster zone could fill this forum with their tales of woe, most are too busy e-mailing Persimmons useless aftercare.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Last edited:

SteveF

Half the story

Hi HS

From what you describe my belief would be that there could well be significant issues that have not become apparent as yet.

How old is the development?

SteveF

Homer Simpson

Hi HS

From what you describe my belief would be that there could well be significant issues that have not become apparent as yet.

How old is the development?

SteveF

Hi Steve,
The original Charles Church development dates back to early 2004, apparently C.C Yorkshire went bust and Persimmon continued the build, the remaining few houses are in the final build stage now. Minus the Church spec but stll priced between 350-400k ! bonkers.

SteveF

Hi HS

If there anything that you consider, you or your neighbours may need by the way of expert assistance, then please let me know as i am based not too far away.

SteveF

polly

Moorland Heights, Ripponden, West Yorkshire. Persimmon/Charles Church

The house we purchased presented problems from from the day we paid a deposit as it then took 18 months to finally move in in 2007. The "handover" of the propery (350k+) took less than 10 minutes because the representative had no knowlege of how things worked, with the expection of opening and closing of doors and windows!

From day one there were lots of problems, leaking ceiling in lounge from balcony above, and also from unsealed shower, interior doors which did not match or close, uneven creaking floor boards, lightfittings falling out, stair bannisters and spindles damaged, granite chipped etc. The whole finish of the house was poor and below standard. In the end we resolved all the faults ourselves at considerable cost to ourselves. Charles Church do not respond to phone calls, letters or emails, they are not bothered.

A neighbour escaped with her life when the light fitting above the bath fell in to the water while she was bathing.

If we were fortunate enough for the builders to agree to rectify a problem, more damage would occur because the contactors used didn't have the skills or knowledge.
We had the misfortune to endevour living in a Charles Church poperty for over 3 years during which time the roads and pavements were not never completed. The estate as a whole is a disgrace and unkempt.

manicjim

Persimmon stairs

I had a dreadfull experience with my stairs 3 months after i moved in , creaked, squeeked, and fell apart at one stage Persimmon got the manufacturer to look , the engineer that came said the factory had not used any glue on the block and screws were missing ,,a week later the bottom tread peice totally fell through when my son was walking down stair , lucky he didnt hurthimself
they came the next day and removed plasterboard and fixed problem .