Manor Kingdom

New Build Inspections

clared112

Any bad reviews or experiences with Manor Kingdom????? I'm buying from them and would like to see if there are any recurring problems/faults?...

Thanks in advance,

Clare

xKGx

Manor Kingdom BEWARE (Newmachar Kingseat)

Any bad reviews or experiences with Manor Kingdom????? I'm buying from them and would like to see if there are any recurring problems/faults?...

Thanks in advance,

Clare

Hi Clare

My Husband and I moved into our Manor Kingdom Home Dec 21 2009, And its been a nightmare since day one, The quality of there finish is a lot to be desired, its an ongoing battle, to get anything done, When we first went to have a look at there show home, We initially thought WOW and we decided to go and purchase house from them Due to there high quality standard and so went ahead with there recommendation of the home Entertainment centre Through Hometech Ltd (BEWARE) we have payed out quite a lot of money and have had nothing but grief, The so called cupboard that everything is suppose to be intergrated into well nothing would fit none of the two will admit who is at fault, We have to get Hometech Ltd up every week with ongoing problems with there system, but they don't seem to care as they have our money, I would definitely not recommend them we have had to get the cupboard doubled in size, electrics moved ect. You can imagine the mess, (flooring had to be repaired throughout and has to be redone once again) We thought buying our New Home from scratch getting everything done to it before we moved in and we could enjoy staying in it, But thats not been the case we have had snagg's gallore, Our Stairs were falling apart newel posts all split & spindles falling out, Dishwasher wasn't plumbed in properly, Sockets all squint + not wired properly, Driveway sinking, I could go on & on The Joists & posts in our ceilings & walls have managed to move for some reason they call this settlement this is a word they use for everything & plasterboard all damaged (Bubble Effect) we were told in Feb we have a major problem and we are going to have to move out, They are suppose to be trying to sort out how they are going to deal with this, They initially told us that they would get back to us in 2 weeks that was beginning of Feb, We haven't heard from them since Customer Service wont answer our calls neither emails, we have put it in the hands of NHBC & our solicitor, Manor Kingdom will promise you the world but as soon as you give them your money they run & we are not the only one's on sight going through this, I wish we went for a BETT instead, Basically Manor Kingdom are not a very nice company to deal with after they receive payment,

clared112

Does not sound like your having much luck at all... but believe me, do not wish you went with Bett... I pulled out of my purchase from them and I'm so glad i did (my property was meant to be complete Oct '09- I pulled out in Feb'10, due to an ongoing problem and Bett not having a clue how to do resoration projects, and the place is still not finished <see the 'BETT' thread>) I've started to have a few problems with M.K already when i was shown/told the wrong spec so i'm not getting what i thought i was getting when i reserved and kitchen choices changed so i had to pay extra for a decent kitchen. I won't be taking any extra from them cuz it's a complete rip off.

K.G-Can you tell me when you moved did you do your own snagging list or was this done externally? Also, do you mind saying which development you are on?

Thanks

Clare

gustavgoat

folks, those of you who bought m k homes in isolated rural locations deserve all the problems you get. these developments are sold to people who are wholly dependent on the car to go anywhere, and have no connection with the countryside. You are of the city, and should remain in the city. You are responsible for the destruction of wildlife habitat, and diminish agricultural potential. why didnt you buy or build a home in a brown field site?

clared112

Excuse me!!! I don't know how you can make any judgement on anyones lifestyle, home choice, location choice or background.... I live in the country now and i want to stay in the country, there in a bus route going in for commuting and the development is a brownfield site! do your research mate. This website is not for small minded people to pass judgement on others and criticize their choices, It is for offering helpful and friendly advise and sharing experiences!

Last edited:

Alastair Lock

Manor Kingdom Kitchens

We have just had a further meeting with M.K. at their Head office in Dunfermline, over the kitchen which we were told we were going to get, to what was installed !!!!!! completly different, has anyone experienced this? We have taken advice on this from my Lawyer and will post updates as they develop

xKGx

:mad: Manor Kingdom are a total nightmare what you get is not what you pay for, They promise you the world until they get your money, We have had several meetings with there so called management they are honestly full of crap, The standard of finish is a lot to be desired, To get any work done in your house after purchasing it you will have to go through NHBC & when they decide to come & fix things in your home they make things 10 x worse There Contractors are totally useless, none of them will have any dealings with so called Site Manager as he is unapproachable honestly BEWARE
We have just had a further meeting with M.K. at their Head office in Dunfermline, over the kitchen which we were told we were going to get, to what was installed !!!!!! completly different, has anyone experienced this? We have taken advice on this from my Lawyer and will post updates as they develop

cheeil

bett and most others

Does not sound like your having much luck at all... but believe me, do not wish you went with Bett... I pulled out of my purchase from them and I'm so glad i did (my property was meant to be complete Oct '09- I pulled out in Feb'10, due to an ongoing problem and Bett not having a clue how to do resoration projects, and the place is still not finished <see the 'BETT' thread>) I've started to have a few problems with M.K already when i was shown/told the wrong spec so i'm not getting what i thought i was getting when i reserved and kitchen choices changed so i had to pay extra for a decent kitchen. I won't be taking any extra from them cuz it's a complete rip off.

K.G-Can you tell me when you moved did you do your own snagging list or was this done externally? Also, do you mind saying which development you are on?

Thanks

Clare

bett barratt stewart milne and cala . avoid them all . cheap thrown up rubbish