• Quality workmanship/ bad/good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • happyness/ sad/ frustrated

• whats your opion of lovels.. Love/ or hate them

• Total voters

barrister

Lovells builders are a nightmare to deal with. this development was built at nickson road Coventry in January 2007, has suffered from bad building design defects, and poor and shoddy workmanship. this development has extreme and chronic damp problems in all the apartments.
anybody else with the same problems.
lovels also built the development at Dunhill avenue Coventry. i wonder if the people there are happy with there apartments
warning never buy a property of lovells unless you want a load of heart ache

NewHomeExpert

Was this a shered equity apartment?
Lovell do tend to build mostly for housing associations.

If it is then with the HA own Clerk of Works visiting the site and inspecting the works at least weekly, it is surprising that you have had so many problems.

From Lovell's website;
"At Lovell, we aim to ensure your home buying experience is stress free and make customer satisfaction our number one priority. That’s why we've been awarded a maximum 5 stars for the quality of our homes by the Home Builders Federation."

Not quite your experiece then!
You should write to their CEO and quote this back to him!

barrister

thanks for advise

Lovells partnership how do i contact John Morgan Executive chairman, and Paul smith chief executive, so i can quote them there lovells partnership quotation of the internet. as its a bit far fetched there statement, as it seems they have awarded themselves with this award and have not been accredited with it

NewHomeExpert

Write to him at:
Lovell Partnerships Limited
Kent House, 14-17 Market Place, London W1W 8AJ

The five stars are awarded by the Home Builders Federation (HBF) for results from two key questions in the Customer Satsifaction Survey.
You will be interested to learn that these surveys are only sent out to owner occupiers not housing associaitions or their tenants.

A total of just 23,778 surveys were returned, just 55% of the 41,892 sent out.

For the star rating Lovell's "sample size" was just 143 -the lowest of all builders listed.
To put it into perspective, the next lowest was Stewart Milne (260) and Cala (290)

Barratt by comparison had a sample size of 4,083 representing the total 11,171 homes they built last year.

Out of the 16 house builders listed this year, only three did not get five stars!

Ntl101

We purchased two homes from Lovells at the same time, one at New Acres, Carlisle, Cumbria and the other at the Laureates, Cockermouth, Cumbria. I have been very impressed how the former site time have rectified defects whereas the site team at Cockermouth have been relatively poor in comparison. Of importance, my son moved into the Cockermouth property on the 16 December 2016 and a month later a defective fire door between garage and house has still not been put right. This is a safety issue and should have been immediately addressed at the outset. In hindsight we should not handed over the remaining balance and occupied the property until this fire door was repaired. Instead we put our trust in Lovells to rectify this problem in a timely manner and they badly let us down. In general the attention given to addressing defects at the Cockermouth house has been tardy to say the least. At Carlisle we obviously got the 'A' team. My son has also discovered that fibre broadband is not available at the Lovells Cockermouth estate, even though a nearby cabinet is fibre modified. It would appear that if Lovells had formally approached Openreach before the new estate was built fibre broadband could have been provided. To compound this problem the installation of a poor media system in his house further reduced the broadband speed ( as determined by an Openreach engineer). Please can I contrast this situation with Storey Homes who have done their homework and fibre broadband is available for their new housing estate in Cockermouth. Obviously Storeys recognise the importance of superfast broadband in selling new homes, who wouldn't. I contacted Lovells regarding this matter and puzzlingly they did not view this as important, particularly to the young. Where have they been? The Lovells Carlisle site house is Virgin Media enabled. Very good, obviously no joined up thinking within Lovells.

Ntl101

Please can I give some advice to anyone wishing to purchase a house in the Lovells development, Cockermouth, Cumbria. Don't buy a house off the plans as my son did. Once they have got your money you are at their mercy and my son's experience is that the quality of build was not good, particularly the joinery and the extensive time taken to rectify faults is totally unacceptable. Have a close look around a finished property and satisfy yourself before handing over any money. Remember houses are not selling particularly fast presently so there will be lots of finished properties to look at. I would not buy a house from Lovells at Cockermouth because their tradesmen are mediocre and the site management is weak.