Little or no response from builder/snags repair worse

Discussion in 'Snagging - general' started by Newbuild123, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Newbuild123

Newbuild123 New Member

Hello

I'm looking for some advice. Another tail of woe to add.

I bought a new build in 2018 so I am in the two year builder's warranty period. I didn't get an external snagging report when I moved in and I know in hindsight I should have.

Anyway - snags were identified. The builders came out and since then have made things worse. Some things I am still waiting to be repaired and I don't seem to be getting anywhere with them. One of these issues was my front door. This did not shut correctly when I moved it, this was reported. The builder on several occasions came and adjusted the door. They confirmed the door was bowed and replaced the seals whilst waiting for the supplier to come out. This is because there was an issue of liability between the supplier and builder - the builder thought the supplier was liable because they had been supplied with a faulty door. However, the door was then letting water in so the builder has installed a new door but not finished the job - the plaster is still off around the door etc and the external finish isn't good.

I understand from NHBC that the remedial work is not covered and that is between me and the builder. I just don't know where to go next or what to do?

Thanks
    Emily

2. Makebetterhomes

Makebetterhomes Administrator

hi , nhbc should provide cover up to 2 years ...

if you are over 2 years , and have mentioned it during the 2 years ....then you should be covered

if youre over the two years .then youre only course of action is going to small claims court if you think the issues worthy of making a claim and risking