Leaks - Complaints Procedure = Non Existent

Discussion in 'Bryant Homes' started by Gzmo, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Gzmo

Gzmo New Member

Purchased a house at St Crispins, Northampton - 4 leaks - actually don't know anyone on the estate who hasn't. One in February caused damage to house but also to my clothing and business as work from home. For 6 weeks could not use kitchen, fridge left in middle of room, painting etc. diabolical standard - had to fight to get anything anywhere half way decent. Claim filed, 6 months later and the plumbers have liquidated, offered 1/3 of compensation - another complaint registered again deaf ears. Calls, emails etc. are ignored. House was still under warranty. Wrote to CEO passed back to MD who did not answer one of the complaints just reiterated that they had made an offer which I turned down. That's right I did - why should I be out of pocket for the company employing negligent plumbers, my relationship is with the builders so it should not make any difference if they have now gone bust - after all that's what their insurance is for. All I can say is buyer beware - they just fob you off with their ignorance and lack of empathy and the workmanship is poor but the customer services is diabolical so much for their customer charter - they don't adhere to it anyway

2. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

Hi,

Someone on our estate is going through exactly the same thing as you.
    Developer will not do anything. More ridiculous excuses.
    Just take these cowboys to Court. That is what they are!!
    Have a look at this website mybryanthomeiscrap.co.uk
    It may shock you.

GK

3. Gzmo

Gzmo New Member

Complaint

Thank you for your response but I don't know where to start - and I don't have any spare cash at present

Yes I had a look at that website - frightening

Your house is your biggest investment but there is no authorative body that seems to be overall responsible - you have more rights if you buy a TV from Dixons

4. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

Money, you don't need money to take these people to court.
    Email the website with your details and I'll try and help you.

GK

5. Tony

Tony Administrator

You can make a small claim if it is less than £5000

Tony

6. Gzmo

Gzmo New Member

I have sent an email to the website - as in your first email hope that is what you meant - because the claim is over £5000 can't be done through small claims and that costs money

7. Gzmo

Gzmo New Member

The claim is for more than £5000

8. Gzmo

Gzmo New Member

GK emailed the site with my details but have not heard from you?

9. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

I haven't had anything from you!!!!!!!!!
    In relation to the £5000.00 limit, there is a way around this as well.
    I'll pm you.

10. Gzmo

Gzmo New Member

Thank you for your help and the offer of assistance - it makes me feel better to find out that I am not alone in this = I have told several other individuals on the site here in Northampton - one of them has had their boiler blow up 6 times!!!!
    I shall put them in touch with you hopefully

11. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

Hi,

That's great.
    Remember anybody with a TW home, Bryant Home etc that is interested in going to Court can email me.
    We need a group of 15 - 20 upset customers who wish to have their day in court.

GK

12. Gzmo

Gzmo New Member

Well the good news is that Bryants have stopped their development early in Northampton - but now they leave the estate unfinished - there is a surprise!!! Requests to resolve my ongoing compensation claim are just ignored, their Customer Charter is not followed at all - the worse customer service I have ever experienced = I shall never buy one of their properties again and would recommend avoiding them at all costs - or buy second hand when all problems are resolved