Is this good enough?

Discussion in 'Snagging - general' started by APP940, Oct 27, 2018.

1. APP940

APP940 New Member

Hi - I am moving in to a new build and there's various issues with the fittings and painting / finish around them. See examples below - let me know if you can't see the images. Surely none of the below are acceptable but can someone give me any advice?

Painted over
    [​IMG]

Gaps and poor finish and damaged light
    [​IMG]

Gap and poor finish visible from miles away
    [​IMG]

Gap and poor finish again[​IMG]

Here the panel is about 1 cm disjointed
    [​IMG]

Poor finish and gap
    [​IMG]

Poor finish and wonky
    [​IMG]

2. Makebetterhomes

Makebetterhomes Administrator

HAVING TROUBLE , seeing the pics

3. APP940

APP940 New Member

4. APP940

APP940 New Member

C434CD95-416F-4E42-9EBF-35D4E9769710.jpeg C543764F-8284-490B-9D51-E8F46ED04038.jpeg

Just wondering what you reckon to these? Compared to where I currently live this is shoddy workmanship, but I don’t know how lax the NHBC tolerances really are....

5. Makebetterhomes

Makebetterhomes Administrator

hi , always difficult to tell with photos of white walls , but its worth remembering that there are some rules to be followed when snagging

the NHBC require you to stand at 2m away ..is just one ...nothing micro examined will withstand close scrutiny

on the whole i would say they meet the NHBC REQUIREMENTS , however if you dont think that they are good enough then speak with your builder
    have a look at the decorating standards laid out in the technical manual , you can get this from the net by a simple google search

the doors ...no attempt has been made at matching the colours this is not acceptable , a little variation can be expected