Garden Slope Issues with Persimmons

New Build Inspections

Allister

Hi all!

Typical persimmons issue coming up...

I moved into my 4 bed house last october, during the meeting where we went over the plans they informed us there would be a slight gradient at the bottom of our garden. When we moved in we where greeted with a large slope that we can't let our daughter go down on her own. When we had our NHBC resolution meeting the builders said the solution was 'don't let her out'.

We have been through the following:

* NHBC - won't have anything to do with it as they say it is a 'contractual issue'
* Papers - we where in the Sunday Mail a few weeks ago, persimmons only reply was that they are 'committed to fixing the issues reported by NHBC' .... the problem is NHBC are saying the slope is a contractual issue.
* Disclosure - we requested all information held about us from Persimmons and got some interesting details. I have attached some of the findings.

I am wondering if anyone who is a bit more knowledgeable in the building trade can look at the documents and tell me if what is written is what is there?

I was thinking of the legal action as the last step, but if the slope is what I signed then I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Thanks!
62379375_451096195452414_3727185186543108096_n (1).jpg

62242722_2151332084915295_6816490424513855488_n (1).jpg

at7ayeph8dq31.jpg

received_2420153111596052.jpeg

Welder1

See Nhbc chapter 9.2 Gardens

It can be downloaded from Web

That is not an easy maintenance job...
Hi there,
i have a similar issue as this and was wondering, regarding the NHBC text you quoted (below), does it make any difference if it is grass and not soil? Or am I asking a silly question here.....

GARDEN AREAS 9.2 - D4 Garden areas shall be stable Items to be taken into account include: (a) slopes Unless the stability of new or existing slopes has been determined by an Engineer in accordance with Technical Requirement R5 the following maximum gradients apply: • unsupported granular soil should be 5° less than its natural angle of repose • unsupported cohesive soil should not exceed 9° (1:6).

Welder1

view
view
view
view

Peter King

Hi all!

Typical persimmons issue coming up...

I moved into my 4 bed house last october, during the meeting where we went over the plans they informed us there would be a slight gradient at the bottom of our garden. When we moved in we where greeted with a large slope that we can't let our daughter go down on her own. When we had our NHBC resolution meeting the builders said the solution was 'don't let her out'.

We have been through the following:

* NHBC - won't have anything to do with it as they say it is a 'contractual issue'
* Papers - we where in the Sunday Mail a few weeks ago, persimmons only reply was that they are 'committed to fixing the issues reported by NHBC' .... the problem is NHBC are saying the slope is a contractual issue.
* Disclosure - we requested all information held about us from Persimmons and got some interesting details. I have attached some of the findings.

I am wondering if anyone who is a bit more knowledgeable in the building trade can look at the documents and tell me if what is written is what is there?

I was thinking of the legal action as the last step, but if the slope is what I signed then I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Thanks!
View attachment 465

View attachment 464

View attachment 463

View attachment 462