Free Help With Bellway Homes

Discussion in 'Bellway Homes' started by foonmace, Apr 13, 2017.

1. foonmace

foonmace New Member

Hi there I have been dealing with Bellway for the past 2 years regarding issues to my new build house. I have over that time became quiet knowledgeable about how to deal with the issues and exactly who to email to make sure they have things resolved. This includes the head of there legal team and head of there countries customer service.

If anyone would like any advice please do not hesitate to contact me, I know how much hard work they can be.

2. foonmace

foonmace New Member

Don't be shy guys

3. Makebetterhomes

Makebetterhomes Administrator

hey maybe bellway suddenly got better

4. Matron999

Matron999 New Member

We purchased a Bellway home last July and I have to say we are really pleased with the house. Any snags have been dealt with very quickly and to a high standard. Customer Service staff are polite and whenever we have contacted them with an issue they have always followed this up with a phone call a few days later. Site manager is approachable and again makes sure we are happy with everything. I know this isn't always the case and I know we are lucky compared to other buyers.

5. NewHomeExpert

NewHomeExpert Well-Known Member

You have been very lucky and must have had some very minor snagging works.
    When it comes to expensive to rectify works such as homes built with weak mortar mix or sloping deflecting floors they are, I can assure everyone, not quiet so helpful - especially after the 8 week HBF survey has been sent in!

6. wifigeek

wifigeek New Member

Unfortunately for bellway I got my 8 week survey _after_ spotting all the issues with my home (so far) so the survey results reflected this.

I also had a problem with a sloping floor outside NHBC tolerances; it took a bit of effort/someone senior to come along to get them to fix it properly i.e. relay concrete.

7. NewHomeExpert

NewHomeExpert Well-Known Member

It is always best to fill in the survey as late as possible.
    But remember to return it so it arrives within the 7 weeks from the date on the NHBC letter.
    Otherwise if it is an unfavourable survey, it will not count towards the results or builder's star rating.

8. musteepha

musteepha New Member

Hi We have just purchased a new bellway home,
    Bellway will not let us into the house before House demonstration to view it.
    Is this normal?

9. Makebetterhomes

Makebetterhomes Administrator

bellway snagging

Yes im afraid it is ....

Some builders will allow inspection some wont ...there are soecific rights ....and they make the rules as they go along

10. Matron999

Matron999 New Member

We purchased a Bellway home last year and we weren't allowed into the house until 2 weeks before we moved in for the demonstration with the Site Manager. I just presumed this was the norm with it being a building site. Health and safety rules etc