Elan Homes

chesh

Anyone bought a property from Elan Homes?
they took over David McCleans about a year ago when it went bust! it has the same management team in place so its easy to see why!

We have had a lot of snagging and there sales director is a joke!!

whyelanhomes

The website whyelanhomes.com was set up in February 2010 in response to many problems with the Elan Homes development at Chester Racecourse, and the poor customer service many residents encounter.

There are photographs of some of the poor standards and examples of some of the many problems.

There are useful links to help purchasers seek redress.

whyelanhomes.com

whyelanhomes

www.whyelanhomes.com

Thanks Tony,

There seems to be an enormous amount of unrest and disillusionment at this Elan site. The standards are incredibly poor and any visitor to the site at the moment, can see for themselves how shoddy things are, already. Hardly the development we were sold, at a hefty price tag too.

It would be great to see an Elan category on the main list. I suspect there will be increased traffic to it over the coming months as purchasers share information and seek recourse, through various means available.

whyelanhomes

whyelanhomes.com has already received a burst of comments from dissatisfied and disillusioned buyers. I'm sure an Elan category to replace the David McLean one would be really useful given the apparent poor standards employed by this company

alext

Elan Home recently sold the house in bristol that i had reserved with them having agreed to part exchange my home, devaluing it y £7k, and then changing their minds. This is not to mention the money i had already spent on solicitors etc. They they refused to refund my reservation fee, phrases used by the Elan Homes representative, Beverly (Beverly introduced herself as Sales Manager, but her linkedin profile claims she is Regional Sales Director), included "we have gone over and above", and my favorite "this has cost Elan a lot of money".

NewHomeExpert

Elan Home recently sold the house in bristol that i had reserved with them having agreed to part exchange my home, devaluing it y £7k, and then changing their minds. This is not to mention the money i had already spent on solicitors etc. They they refused to refund my reservation fee, phrases used by the Elan Homes representative, Beverly (Beverly introduced herself as Sales Manager, but her linkedin profile claims she is Regional Sales Director), included "we have gone over and above", and my favorite "this has cost Elan a lot of money".

You should make a claim for a refund of your full Reservation Fee and all your legal and other costs using the Consumer Code for Housebuilders Dispute Resolution scheme.
Be sure you add £250 for "inconvenience" and claim the application cost £120 as well.
Going by past cases, you will win and get all your money refunded no problem.

It is of no interest to you how much money Elan has cost itself by its own actions!

Unless consumers start using this scheme, the industry will continue to use it to try and indiacte that it is "whiter than white"

Last edited: