Damp

Steve123

Good morning

I moved into our new build home about 3 months ago and since then we had (more than) one or two issues with the builders.

The main one being damp.

We alerted the builders to the damp in August. After several weeks of trying to sort it all out, we were told the roofers had been up and it was sorted once and for all.

However, the damp has occurred again in exactly the same places on our ceiling and is dripping onto the carpet.The builders have once again said they will speak to the roofers to sort it all out, but it seems like tomorrow is the nearest time they are willing to get someone out to look at it.

The overall service we have had off the builders concerning everything (POST sale of the property) has been awful. However, the damp issue is one that is concerning us greatly.

Is there anything we can do about it, other than wait for them to contact the roofers and then wait for them to come out ?

Who can we speak to etc ?

Last edited:

Steve123

according to the roofer, '' the fibre glass "valley" will need to be replaced along the length of the gutter''

Steve123

still damp.....

This has been going on for over a year now, since the issue first arose.

Still no end in sight - as the builder and roofer are both are incompetent as each other.

my question is; can we claim any type of compensation ?

the damp now spreads around plu sockets in lounge, so we have been living on our bedroom the past 3 or 4 weeks, as the damp spread around tv port/socket etc.

Many thanks

Damp, testing, who covers it

This has been going on for over a year now, since the issue first arose.

Still no end in sight - as the builder and roofer are both are incompetent as each other.

my question is; can we claim any type of compensation ?

the damp now spreads around plu sockets in lounge, so we have been living on our bedroom the past 3 or 4 weeks, as the damp spread around tv port/socket etc.

Many thanks

Dear Steve

Very similar issues to yours were covered by watchdog. There are two watchdog videos on the web site.

The Expert Engineer||Help and advice with structural claims

Feel free to check them out.

It is rather easy to do a damp % test.

It is more difficult to diagnose the cause.

Good luck