Construction method question

New Build Inspections

NBNAS

Hello all,

I have a possibly hypothetical question, and from a complete layman's viewpoint, about a new build that I'd appreciate some input on - and that is as to what construction method a new build should adhere to.

I have reserved a plot at a nearby development, and having walked the dog around there occasionally it looks to me like the builder is changing their construction method. A number of the houses which are now with the roof on have traditional cavity walls, but I have noticed that the more recent plots appear to be being built with a timber frame.

Is that right, can a builder do this? In the brochure it says 'traditional cavity walls' for all plots.

Thanks in advance for any input. I know I should turn off the internet and stop worrying, but this seemed a pretty fundamental change that had me thinking...

NBNAS

Anybody have a viewpoint / experience on this?

I walked past again yesterday, and there is definitely a discrepancy in the 'newer' plots being built. Old ones are having their roofs put up on a brick structure, and the newer ones on a timber/scaffold type affair.

NBNAS

I take it no-one has any experience/thoughts on this?

I guess many people would not be aware of their construction method typically? With an outer brick skin I suppose one would assume the inner is also.