Considering TW... Bristol/Keynsham any experience?

Hey everyone, first time buyer and poster here! I'm looking to buy my first property and I've come across Taylorwimpy's developments in Bristol and Keynsham, I would post links but it wont let me yet but if you google somerdale that's the new keynsham development and the other plot I'm looking at is Plot 7 - The Chichester in keynsham

I've seen so many negative comments about TW but have they got any better in 2014? anyone got any experience? I'd love a new build but I'm so scared of it all going wrong from what I've read here!!

many thanks

JD

NewHomeExpert

I am pleased this website won't let you post links to Taylor Wimpey's website promoting their homes!

No doubt you will be using Help to Buy.
Bear in mind that Taylor Wimpey have INCREASED their average price of their homes by 22% since Help to Buy started 12 months ago.
So the 20% government "Help" is going straight into Taylor Wimpey's coffers and YOU are now only getting 80% equity of a home you could have bought 100% of, for LESS MONEY a year ago!

You should read the accounts on this forum of people that have bought Taylor Wimpey.
You should also read this post and watch the video!
See how Taylor Wimpey ruined this persons life!
And then there is this too: Threatening buyers with legal action etc etc.

Taylor Wimpey got any better? You must be joking.
Why would they have to? What incentive have they to? Who would require or force them to "get better"?
House builders can sell any rubbish built, overpriced new home to naive first timers and gullible people at the moment.
If anything, they have got worse!
The industry is busy throwing up as many new homes as it can, in the shortest possible time, to take full advantage of the government created bubble market and Help to Buy subsidy, before everyone wakes up and smells the coffee and house prices crash again, Help to Buy is withdrawn, and we enter credit crunch (2) recession around October 2016.

Now is NOT the time to buy any first home.
It is the worst possible time to buy a new home.

If you go ahead regardless and buy Taylor Wimpey (or Persimmon, Bellway, Bovis, Crest, Linden for that matter) - then don't come back on here moaning and asking for help when you realise your mistake!

When someone is offering you good advice for FREE only a fool would ignore it.

Last edited:

RecommendAHome

Hi first_time_buyer,

Check out our website for independent, unbiased reviews of new build homes from the likes of Persimmon, Redrow and Taylor Wimpey. There are reviews from all over the UK including Bristol.

There is also a wealth of information dotted around these forums.

We hope you find the help you are looking for.

NewHomeExpert

Why did you not publish the review on the Taylor Wimpey link and video.
I had been advising this buyer on how to handle his complaint with Taylor Wimpey and he submitted his review which was very unfavourable.
You did not feature it on your review website! I wonder why!

And how many are actually in Bristol?
(I suspect you are just dropping links to your website!)

New home buyers would be better telling the world what they really think of their house builders here on this forum.
At least every post gets shown, warts and all!

RecommendAHome

Why did you not publish the review on the Taylor Wimpey link and video.
I had been advising this buyer on how to handle his complaint with Taylor Wimpey and he submitted his review which was very unfavourable.
You did not feature it on your review website! I wonder why!

And how many are actually in Bristol?
(I suspect you are just dropping links to your website!)

New home buyers would be better telling the world what they really think of their house builders here on this forum.
At least every post gets shown, warts and all!

Morning NHE,

Thank you for your comments. I think the review you are referring to was for "The Chariots" in Andover. You will see from our 'read review' page that we have shared this home owners experiences.

We have also linked to this review on numerous occasions on our twitter feed.

We are committed to sharing reviews, positive and negative, in order to help people in the market for a newbuild home make an informed purchase.