Bellway Phone line

Discussion in 'Bellway Homes' started by thejaychild, Mar 24, 2014.

1. thejaychild

thejaychild New Member

Hi I'm new to the forum so please be gentle.

Me and my fiancee bought a new build bellway home on the Buckingham Windsor Park development at the end of November whilst we love the house and Bellway have been really good with snagging we still don't have a phone line.

When we first when round the house we did ask about the phone line as there was just a hole where the phone outlet should go the site manager told us that the phone line infrastructure was present we just needed a engineer i.e BT to install the line.

We decided to go with a Sky package because we was getting the tv with them and they offered us a pretty good deal.
    Sky came and installed the dish for the TV the day after we moved in and said open reach would be round in five day time to fit the phone line and set up the broadband they didn't turn up and for the next three months they messed us about saying they need to dig up the road to finish our phone line.
    We spoke with Bellway and the advised us to cancel our contract with Sky and go direct with BT we did this and BT told us they would come to install our line within 4 weeks I received a text saying they would be coming two months ago so I took the day off work and waited in all day no one came no one called I phoned BT the next day and after being hold for an hour I finally got through to some one they told me additional work needed doing and our local council wont let this go ahead until work already being carried out on the ring road close by is completed this wont be done till after Christmas :mad: that will be 13 months since we have moved in.
    BT tell us its Bellway’s fault, Bellway tell us its the councils fault and we cant get through to the council to find out who they are blaming.

Its a nightmare not having the internet me and my fiancee are really struggling without it and we don't know who to talk to.

Citizens advice have told us to contact the solicitors that dealt with our house purchase.

Any advice would be massively helpful

Thanks
    Jaxon

2. Kano

Kano New Member

Contact your MP and go to the Papers, a nice picture in front of the show home works wonders when they are trying to sell houses.

3. thejaychild

thejaychild New Member

Great idea I'm definitely going to do this.

4. NewHomeExpert

NewHomeExpert Well-Known Member

Quite why this is Bellway's fault is a mystery.
    Bellway as with every other house builder are paid by BT [openreach] to lay ducting in the footpaths and build access boxes on behalf of BT.
    BT then, when there is a sufficient amount of new homes to be connected, usually well before anyone moves in, visit the site and install the cabling and the master internal BT phone socket.
    Obviously this phone socket was not there when you ordered Sky package and still not there when you swapped to BT.
    I may be that your development is part of a very large consortium type development and as yet BT have to install the above ground pavement boxes to service the whole site.

As to who is at fault, I am sure Bellway's sales and site office have a landline phone and broadband!
    Perhaps they denied BT access to the homes to fit the master socket.
    Not sure how the local council could be to blame unless they are holding up planning for the BT boxes.
    So its BT [Open reach] that's at fault.
    However, if you had ordered a BT landline as soon as you had exchanged contracts, well before you moved in, it would have been much more likely to be available on the day you moved in.
    That said you can always use a mobile and get broadband via one of the dongles too in the meantime.

5. thejaychild

thejaychild New Member

Hi thanks for the reply, everyone around us on the estate already has a phone line and have been connected to the internet for the last 5 months its just seems to be our house that's not, This is why we wasn't sure if there was a problem with our home. Its the not knowing that is really annoying. Bellway have told us ever that we will have it within the next few weeks but they have said that sinc we first moved in and when i spoke to one of the lads on site he said he had heard Jan 2015 :confused:
    i don't know who to complain to.

6. NewHomeExpert

If your neighbours have a phone line connected, my guess is that Bellway "forgot" to lay ducting to your house and BT cannot cable it and connect you.
    Bellway declared their pre tax profits are up 73% to 103million so be mindful of this fact when you contact them to complain again!
    Complain to Bellway! aka "Hellway Homes"

7. R_Fletch

R_Fletch New Member

Hi Jaxon, this sounds scarily familiar to what I am going through. We moved into a new Bellway home a few weeks ago and went with the whole Sky package (which we ordered and arranged months before we moved in). Sky have been and gone and we now have working TV but on Monday we received a call from Sky to say that BT Openreach (who were meant to be coming round this week) have informed them of delays and they wont be able to give us an update as to the 'delays' until next week. No real reason as to what the delays are (Sky put the blame on Bellway) but Sky being the middle man could only give us limited info and trying to get hold of someone at BT openreach is like mission impossible so we were just going to hold tight and wait to see what Sky have to say next week. BUT like you other people on the development moved in months before us and have phone lines - as did the sales office. Bellway have also confirmed that the lines are all good to go in the houses so it's most definitely down to BT Openreach for the mess up. I hope your situation gets resolved sooner rather than later! For us we are just going to have to play the waiting game for a bit longer.

8. thejaychild

thejaychild New Member

Its awful I've emailed John Bercow our local MP and put in a official complaint with BT & Bellway I've also contacted the ombudsmen and am waiting on a reply.
    Are you on the same development as us?

9. NewHomeExpert

This is also a problem at a Miller site
    It would appear BT Open Reach are useless!