BBC Having a New Build Nightmare?

New Build Inspections

brown

If you've got a new build property and you are encountering problems which aren't getting resolved, then we would love to hear from you.

We're making a new show for BBC1 and might be able to help you.

Please email brown@flametv.co.uk or telephone 020 7278 5052 with a brief outline on what you're going through. Someone will get back to you shortly.

Post edited by: brown, at: 2006/02/06 12:25

tonyw

To be honest, someone like the BBC posting an advert like that positivly stinks !!!! the media will stop at nothing to make a rubbish programme !! and mark my words all of you who think....'if my developer does not do what i want, i will threaten them with WATCHDOG !!!:evil: ' ...IT IS PRETTY MUCH POINTLESS, as all these media programmes are only interested in making a programme, they really dont care that you are going on National / Local television, and allowing you to advertise your home as a load of rubbish, in fact they will really help you to do it, but after the 15 minutes of fame, remember one thing.......ONE DAY YOU WILL VERY LIKELY WANT TO SELL THAT LOAD OF OLD RUBBISH !! your developer will be long gone, and so will most of your potential purchasers !! ..... one thing that all viewers remember........ and thats.... THE HOUSE THAT WAS ON TELLY !!!!!!
Oh and PS, with most of the big developers, it really does not do them any damage whatsoever ;)

Hopeful

Totally disagree with everything you have said tonyw.
Firstly developers do care about adverse publicity and it can help resolve issues PDQ.
Also when the faults have been put right properly and professionally (i.e. not papered over by Bodge-It and Fix-It DIY teams) you have the house you paid for. Why on earth would you accept less than that? How will it ever improve if the lid is kept tightly screwed down on all this bad practice, shoddy workmanship, and poor customer service unless programmes such as these drag the issues into the sunlight? Besides, little people versus multi millionnaire is always going to draw the crowds. It is not about 15mins of fame either. It is about getting justice where there is none. Ask your self why Tonight with Trevor McDonald had their greatest viewing figures ever when they screened their report on the house building industry last year? Because of the millions of dissatisfied buyers of new properties? I am more concerned by the number of people with your attitude that dishonestly present a home to another buyer without revealing the true nature of the faults in the property that you have been too afraid to have corrected properly. A bit of back bone now and then does no-one any harm. I have a neighbour who purchased a house with problems that the previous owner did not have resolved with the developer. They are unable to use one of the bedrooms and despite NHBC guarantees they are still patiently waiting for the developer to resolve. I guess they will get round to do something eventually. I want the house I paid for nothing more and nothing less.
Would you really accept a pair of trousers from M&S that the seams were only sown together in places and the zip would not close and one leg was shorter than the other? Would you accept a repair that only addresses one of the trouser legs? I don't think so. So why accept poor standards of workmanship, quality, and customer service from a developer where you are spending a thousand times more of your hard earned money?

Hopeful

Totally disagree with everything you have said tonyw.
Firstly developers do care about adverse publicity and it can help resolve issues PDQ.
Also when the faults have been put right properly and professionally (i.e. not papered over by Bodge-It and Fix-It DIY teams) you have the house you paid for. Why on earth would you accept less than that? How will it ever improve if the lid is kept tightly screwed down on all this bad practice, shoddy workmanship, and poor customer service unless programmes such as these drag the issues into the sunlight? Besides, little people versus multi millionnaire is always going to draw the crowds. It is not about 15mins of fame either. It is about getting justice where there is none. Ask your self why Tonight with Trevor McDonald had their greatest viewing figures ever when they screened their report on the house building industry last year? Because of the millions of dissatisfied buyers of new properties? I am more concerned by the number of people with your attitude that dishonestly present a home to another buyer without revealing the true nature of the faults in the property that you have been too afraid to have corrected properly. A bit of back bone now and then does no-one any harm. I have a neighbour who purchased a house with problems that the previous owner did not have resolved with the developer. They are unable to use one of the bedrooms and despite NHBC guarantees they are still patiently waiting for the developer to resolve. I guess they will get round to do something eventually. I want the house I paid for nothing more and nothing less.
Would you really accept a pair of trousers from M&S that the seams were only sown together in places and the zip would not close and one leg was shorter than the other? Would you accept a repair that only addresses one of the trouser legs? I don't think so. So why accept poor standards of workmanship, quality, and customer service from a developer where you are spending a thousand times more of your hard earned money?

RAFASREVOLUTION

Disagree Tony W,

My house will be spot on when fixed, so i'll be able to sell mine for more money than the rest of the houses that have not been fixed properly, that falls down to the home owner being lazy and not being bothered to pull the builder for trying to rip them off and letting them think that people like myself and the rst on here are just fussy when we are obviously not !. I bet any Construction Manager and contracts manager of say Persimmon would not put up with it if they paid out a lot of money for a new build home, thats for sure.

So come on you lazy homeowners, get looking for snags / defects and ask the builder in writing to put them right. If they disagree, call the NHBC in, if that fails go further and further until everyone notices and then the government will stop these cowboy builders by ordering them to put right the defects.

Post edited by: admin, at: 2006/04/04 17:15