Barratt nightmare advice needed

Discussion in 'Barratt Homes' started by Frazfisher, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Frazfisher

Frazfisher New Member

Hi folks, need advice
    Been in new build 3 years. We are last house of a dead end and recently we got our land registry papers showing no road in front of our house and the land there as ours. Barratt have built the access road right to the end of our land so it effectively looks like public road. It's around 6 ft wide and 15-20 ft long. All the plots are defined by monoblock driveways ,front grass and border kerb type things. I have contacted Barratt who eventually after not bothering their arse said they won't do anything apart from put signs up saying private. My neighbour has complained as when he bought he was told its communal parking. They are now extending his driveway down the side of his house. I have kids playing there, folk walking dogs & folk parking there as it just looks like public road. My next move is to email the CEO Mark Clare. Does anyone know his email address?- Any advice / pointers etc before I have to pay for lawyers ?

2. Frazfisher

Frazfisher New Member

111 views and no replies :(
    Was hoping for some advice

3. NewHomeExpert

NewHomeExpert Well-Known Member

First of all, you need to get a bit of patience matey!
    The one day I don't come on here and you are sounding off!

Mark Clare's e mail address is mark.clare@barrattplc.co.uk You could have looked this up yourself online in a few clicks!

Did you use Barratt's suggested, required, or recommended solicitor? Why you should never use the builder's choice of solicitor
    This is against Consumer Code for Home Builders requirement 2.5 and the Consumer protection Regulations 2008

You have left it far too late for a mis-information/mis-selling claim using the CCHB adjudication scheme.
    You could consider legal advice and perhaps take action against Barratt assuming you have proof they did anything untoward.
    Anything stopping you or your neighbours fencing in your land with gates? That's what I would do.