Barratt/DWH Reward Scheme

New Build Inspections

Alatsax

Has anyone ever received the £1000 reward for recommending a friend to buy from this company. Having done this on the Mayflower Green Estate, Saxmundham, we tried but failed to jump through all the hoops. Amongst other things, we were told we submitted the form too late. Notwithstanding we had never been given one. My impression of the scheme is that it appears to be a con. When I questioned the issues I was almost made out to be lying about the facts and this from a company who pride themselves upon customer care.

I will be posting other related matters, but for now I am interested to know if this is a common trait with this company who are part of Barratt Homes. If so other potential customers should be

KCooper

I purchased a David Wilson home.

We've actually received the Recommend a Friend promotion twice. The first completed about 8 months after we moved in, the second about 12 months.

We received the cash (well, cheque) but did have to chase for it. Numerous phone calls to the head office over the course of 5 or 6 weeks for each promotion claim.

I wasn't aware of there being a time limit. There was a flyer detailing the promotion in our welcome pack; does it state anything about an expiry date on there?

Alatsax

No such luck with David Wilson Homes

I purchased a David Wilson home.

We've actually received the Recommend a Friend promotion twice. The first completed about 8 months after we moved in, the second about 12 months.

We received the cash (well, cheque) but did have to chase for it. Numerous phone calls to the head office over the course of 5 or 6 weeks for each promotion claim.

I wasn't aware of there being a time limit. There was a flyer detailing the promotion in our welcome pack; does it state anything about an expiry date on there?

Apparently with David Wilson Homes the form has to be submitted at the time friends buy the property. In our case we were unable to do this as we never was given one in our welcome pack. In addition they more or less said we were lying about the recommendation even though the sales office were fully aware of our regular visits ensuring our friends were encouraged to buy.

Have you found the build quality poor with Barratts Homes. David Wilson Homes are meant to be part of Barratts and pride themselves as 5 star builders but are far from it. It also seems that customer care goes out the window when they have your money. Its not just me who feels this way either.

Anyway, I have learnt my lesson with DWH and certainly would not buy a house from them again.

Thanks for your response and I'm glad you got what you were promised.

KCooper

Ah I do remember now. We did get one of those forms filled in at the same time our friends signed the contracts.

We have been happy, overall. There were a number of "snags" but they got repaired over the first few weeks after we moved in. A few more have cropped up over the 18 months since we moved in, and they were resolved after a few emails to the customer service team.

I tend to think that perhaps we have been lucky as we don't really have much that we can complain about. I have, however, heard of a few people who were not so lucky.

I hope you manage to get your problems sorted out!!

NewHomeExpert

People should be wary of send-a-friend schemes.
Unless they are for people they don't really like.You may be happy with your new home but your friend may not and blame you.
All housebuilders use these schemes but quite a few wriggle out of paying you.
Keep copies and proper records.

Unhappy with Barratt/David Wilson new home.
Take to Twitter and Facebook and tell the world!
Better still build a website or write a Blog or Review your development here

flatwebb

Amongst other things, we were told we submitted the form too late.

DWH tried that dirty little trick with us. We had a Referral voucher we received from some friends who bought a DWH home, we reserved our property but forgot to hand in the voucher until one week later so DWH tried to claim it wasn't valid because it wasn't claimed at the same time we reserved our plot. Needless to say I kicked off immediately, threatened numerous escalations of complaint etc, and they quickly turned round and re-wrote the reservation agreement to include the £1000 Referral voucher.

flatwebb

Has anyone ever received the £1000 reward for recommending a friend to buy from this company.
Yes, our friends got the money some several weeks after we completed. I made doubly sure to pester DWH regardless so they couldn't get out of it or 'forget' somehow...