1 year on and snags not resolved

Discussion in 'Bryant Homes' started by Eric_Hatton, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Eric_Hatton

Eric_Hatton New Member

Hi all,

We moved into a Bryant Development in Bristol in December 2009. We compiled a comprehensive list of snags and, while a lot of the smaller, easy things have been sorted, there's a number of items that are still unresolved.

A couple of examples:

the window seals on the majority of the windows are letting air through,
    the leading over our study is very poorly fitted and not dressed back to the wall
    we don't have enough insulation in our attic
    our front garden has sunk

I cannot fathom why it is taking them so long for them fix these things unless they are trying to avoid it. When we nag and nag they eventually do something (often making it worse on the the first few attempts) and it can take 6 months of workmen returning time and again to complete a repair.

What can I do?

2. SteveF

SteveF New Member

Unresolved snagging items

Hi

Get out your NHBC Warranty booklet and read the section regarding the Resolution Service.

Write to the NHBC requesting they intervene as your builder is not dealing with issues that were raised during the first 2 years after the NHBC Warranty cover note was issued.

SteveF

3. GKandR4CH

GKandR4CH New Member

Don't waste your time with the NHBC. They are a timewasters.
    Write a letter to Bryant informing them that they have 7 days to completely remedy the items you need doing. If they fail to do so issue proceedings against them in Court.
    If you need any help pm me.