Search results

New Build Inspections
  1. C

Acceptable Brickwork?

I would be interested to hear opinions on the attached image of my adjoining garage brickwork. With the exception of the lower course of bricks, laid when the rest of the house was built, the remainder of the garage has different colour bricks and mortar. Is this acceptable? The pointing also...
  2. C

Tolerance of Straightness of Walls and Skirting

Thank you for all you help and advice and the links. Sorry I haven’t replied sooner. I also recently discovered this which surly does not meet NHBC standards? Whilst I appreciate it’s behind the living room door which is normally open but the skirting does not even form a neat join with...
  3. C

Tolerance of Straightness of Walls and Skirting

The attached picture is taken in the cupboard under my staircase with the straight edge being the door frame. The wall and skirting is clearly not straight. Is this acceptable? Many thanks.
  4. C

Garage Floor Surface

Any advice on the above very much appreciated.
  5. C

Garage Floor Surface

My garage was the first to be constructed on our development and from my understanding looks to have a screed base. All other plots have a standard concrete base. From the attached image please could someone advise if this looks to be a screed finish and if there is a reason why sections of...
  6. C

Front Door Threshold Unsupported

Please can someone confirm from the attached image if the front door threshold should be supported underneath as should you step on it it flexes and conconered it could crack in the future? Thanks in advance.