Search results

New Build Inspections
  1. N

Creaking Ceilings - Getting Nowhere with NHBC

I'll pass on that offer thanks. There's plenty on these forums to suggest possible solutions. Extra screws in the ceiling boards, re-fastening the floorboards etc and I'm sure the builder knows about them. They propose the most inconvenient repair to put the homeowner off pursuing it. But...
  2. N

Hi mate, I can give you the email address of Dympna Boylan, she is the director. Seeing as this is a snagging site though that's supposed to help homeowners with issues they are struggling to resolve, would you mind telling me what your solution is? I'm thinking if you get nowhere with...
  3. N

OK, tell me more?? I can give you email addresses if you like. They are based in Wigan by the way. Have since found out there's a couple more homes on the development with the same problem, all asking for a full resolution, so DH might welcome the offer of help.
  4. N

Hi all, apologies in advance for the length of this.. We moved into our newbuild house in September 2013. We have a problem whereby our ceilings creak loudly, like a cracking sound, when someone walks about upstairs. The builder, Dorbcrest Homes, tried a remedial fix by cutting in at the...