Search results for query: wainhomes

1. M

Wainhomes = onerous fee generating covenants

Wainhomes are still selling houses as leasehold however they will give 'freehold' included if demanded at reservation. However the 'freehold' is fleecehold. (Fleecehold is defined as any property purported as freehold but contains toxic covenant generating fees. The aim is to fleece...
  2. T

Builder trying to prevent access during the extensive works they denied 2 years ago.

...floor void has been accepted. This is from 300 photographs we took in 2015 from the same holes that were made in 2015 that were shown to Wainhomes in 2015 and sent to the NHbc in 2015. So after 2 years Wainhomes and the NHBC now admit what our expert was saying 2 years ago, but in 2015 the...
  3. A

Anyone having problems with Wainhomes?

Are you still trying to get things on your snag list put right? Have any other thoughts on Wainhomes? Please share your experience over at all the w's wainhomessnagging dot co dot uk
  4. N

Insulation issues with Wainhomes

...Problem you have is it is now passed the 2 year warranty and this wont be covered by the NHBC, unless you complained in writing to Wainhomes and this is an unresolved issue. This being the case the NHBC must take this over and fix the defects. Good luck with that! This is why we need a New...
  5. N

Insulation issues with Wainhomes

Hi there. PLEASE can someone offer me advice on this...... We bought a Wainhomes house (a Jenner) in December 2013, which is a semi detached 3 storey town house. Sine day one, we could feel drafts coming from ALL windows, the front door, plug sockets in the master bedroom (floor 3), cloakroom...
  6. T

Finall an MP Stands up for her consituents

...There are a few I believe who were not caught up in this scandal but cannot remember who they were. I have posted the housebuilder, it is Wainhomes North West Limited in other posts I have made. If you read some of the comments in the Maria Miller article from other MP'S it reveals the...
  7. T

New build floors

...place and not all manufacturers were invited to attend , the representative of the designers of the floor - turned out to be an employee of Wainhomes the next week. Nothing could really be seen and they were not interested, they did spend time looking a a picture of a joist we had taken a...
  8. Z

Airbricks NHBC guideline?

i am in the trade, an electrician, and for the record dont carry out site work :) But i was only in the house for 4 years and i have to say it was sending me mad, constant rows with nhbc and wainhomes .. never again, the workman ship was pitiful i would be ashamed to put my name to it.
  9. N

Airbricks NHBC guideline?

...manager, would see this and adjust the levels on site accordingly. Worst case on noting what you have seen he would do something about it - not ignore it as it would appear everyone, including the NHBC, have done. By the way, I seem to recall Wainhomes were acquired by Persimmon a few years...
  10. K

Hello, I was hoping for some advice. I have been in a wainhomes new build almost 4 years, the...

Hello, I was hoping for some advice. I have been in a wainhomes new build almost 4 years, the usual snags, but last bank hol weekend I had a massive leak into the lounge from central heating pipes. emergency plumber was called, commenced to sort all damage with house insurance, which involved...
  11. N

Wainhomes - sound issues and warranty concerns

Wainhomes have obviously been advised that there is a case to answer and that any further communication with you may make their liabilities worse or prejudice their defence. They hope you will decide that taking legal action against them and their "pet" solicitor too much trouble and expense...
  12. I

...I get from this company i can still log a complaint with the relevant authorities if in my view they did not act in my interests. As for Wainhomes they are now shutting down communication regarding the issue leaving me with no option but to seek legal representation which is unfortunate...
  13. I

...this forum - NEVER use the Solicitors recommended by your builder however tempting the incentive to do so may be. My current Status: Wainhomes have refused to do anything about the noise - even though THEIR OWN REPRESENTATIVE attended the testing and observed an unacceptable level of...
  14. N

You are quite correct. Under the CML rules, mortgage funds cannot be released until any new home is 'signed off' as completed with a "final inspection" In fact under Building Regulations, you should not have been able to even move in. You made the number one biggest mistake you could make -...
  15. I

Update : Wainhomes have responded stating that the sound test was just within building regulations with measurements of 45dB reduction between rooms. The sound engineer himself stated that the recommendation is that it should be +5dB above building regs to ensure a decent quality of living...
  16. I

Thanks for the response I am still awaiting confirmation of what (if anything) Wainhomes intend to do about the sound report as they are saying that they still have not received it. Hopefully this will be addressed and they will see customer care as a priority. As for the Warranty I have...
  17. N

...required for a conversion under the building regulations, clearly this is not acceptable to you. If they care about their customers, Wainhomes should consider upgrading the insulation to the party wall. This should be relatively easy to do by building stud partition against the wall and...
  18. I

I have recently purchased a renovation (rebuild) on a development by Wainhomes which replaces a barn attached to a farmhouse that could not be knocked down to build new homes. While the build quality internally appears acceptable and the initial issues we had with a faulty boiler have now been...
  19. Z

Cavity Wall Insulation..

...walls to help with the cold.. I doubt they will investigate,, so if they dont i will be going to the press to force their hand.. Wainhomes i think have streched the rules on wall insulation...maybe someone on here can tell me the minimum requiements.. The walls are 9mm board, thermal...
  20. Z

cavity wall insulation

...fix,,,it will drop to the bottom in time.. yes all new builds should have cavity wall insulation in the form of celotex.. my house is a wainhomes house and had some really cheap cavity insulation, so we have had to have it cavity insulated by blowing it in because it was freezing.. all the...