Search results

New Build Inspections
  1. L

Advice please :Charles Church (Persimmon Homes)

Unhappy Owner If you do go ahead with this purchase please ask for EVERYTHING,and I mean EVERYTHING in writing down to the smallest thing. Double check everything you sign and a real biggy....make sure you have a Long Stop Date on your reservation form. FYI- if you read the small print on...
  2. L

Great woodcote park - exeter - charles church

Hi NHE I'm on both pages re. FB :-)
  3. L

Northampton - Marina Gardens

If you don't want to hear the bad stuff why come onto a snagging forum? Did you expect glowing reviews? This isn't typed with venom, I really do want to help people to avoid the stress we've experienced.
  4. L

Northampton - Marina Gardens

The location doesn't matter. If it says Charles Church or Persimmon RUN AWAY FAST.....DO NOT BUY.
  5. L

Great woodcote park - exeter - charles church

Spread the word Get this copied and pasted on to the two new Facebook pages "Persimmon Quality Homes" and "unhappy new home buyers" (hope I got them right). Let's get things viral and make them change their ways....people power.
  6. L

Sovereign Grange

Anyone else bought here or thinking about buying here?
  7. L

May I reiterate

Thanks to my previous employment I can get into the AGM and I think it will be at York Racecourse the same as 2013. The website in Jeff's name is a brilliant idea. I'll give Jeff a little time to reply to my letter (where's the sarcasm font when you need it) hahaha and then I'll get to it :-)
  8. L

May I reiterate

Sorry, I replied to this on the wrong post. I put it down to mental trauma caused by Charles Church' incompetence:eek: Persimmon do not allow you to tape conversations so it would have to be done without letting them know you are doing it. When we have advised them we would be recording they...
  9. L

Advice required.......how to proceed

The sales agent left shortly after we moved in (different company apparently) but now she is back with Persimmon but in a different location (unknown). When advising them that we would be recording conversations they have flatly refused and the Field Sales Agent burst into tears and walked...
  10. L

May I reiterate

The BBC could make a very long programme about Persimmon but they don't seem interested. Maybe we all need to send letters at the same time to Watchdog to give it some impact? In regards to legal proceedings unfortunate Persimmon contracts are water tight, they don't put anything important in...
  11. L

Thanks Kano. I'm happy to cause a scene in the show home as I've done it before. I'm now considering getting a coach trip organised to take disgruntled Charles Church and Persimmon customers up to York to see Jeff Fairburn the uncontactable CEO. I wonder how many people would sign up if I...
  12. L

Hi all Before I approach my solicitor I'm hoping someone else may know a way around my current peeve, sorry current top peeve amongst many peeves.....yes I'm well peeved. When choosing a kitchen for our house we asked the sales assistant for a specific kitchen, the same as the show home...
  13. L

Did you get an HBF Customer Satisfaction Survey to complete via the NHBC?

1. Moved in five months ago and not received a survey 2. Yes, we have been asked to give favourable review or staff don't get their bonus (oh dear) 3. Yes, our snagging list was a long one and it is increasing daily and we are considered a 'problem client'
  14. L

May I reiterate

I would love to see you tear them to bits on TV and I imagine you would have thousands of us behind you for support. I'm actually going to resort to the very old fashioned method of letter writing and I may even drive up the A1 to deliver it by hand. A good few hours drive but worth it even...
  15. L

May I reiterate

We managed to email Jeff Fairburn a while back and he changed his email a few days later. His PA said he would contact us and then bounced us down to the Regional MD Adrian Evans......a very rude man that has no concept of customer service and he even avoids and blanks home owners if you see him...
  16. L

May I reiterate

What I am about to write has been stated over and over again on this and many other websites but here goes...... DO NOT BUY A CHARLES CHURCH OR PERSIMMON HOUSE! Reasons why.... Blantant lies, lies, lies Poor quality NO customer service Late completion If anyone would like to add to...
  17. L

Insulation Certificate

Thanks NHE. The only certificate we have so far is one with the old Contracts Managers name on it with the title "Quality of Construction Certificate" but it doesn't mention construction materials. It's quite vague and looks like I knocked it up on my laptop! It's not an NHBC certificate and...
  18. L

Tiling/ lighting issues

I can't answer any of your questions but if you use the 'search' facility on the top right of the page and enter 'Mantle' there is a similar post that may help. Good luck getting things sorted.
  19. L

Opportunity to get an extra £500 cash when you buy from Persimmon

Recommendation We were offered 'incentives' to show people around our house as its one of their new designs but due to our own disgust at Charles Church (Persimmon) we've refused. There are around 100 homes on our development and the only people that haven't complained yet are the ones...
  20. L

Insulation Certificate

I was under the impression that all new houses came with an Insulation Certificate and after three requests to Charles Church (don't ya love em) and three replies of "yes, it's on its way" I've now had this reply.... "With regards to the insulation certificate, please accept my apologies...