Search results

New Build Inspections
  1. N

Weak mortar - A cancer in UK new homes

If you haven't checked your home has weak mortar, you should do so today. Drag a screwdriver over a joint, if it powders and falls out you too have a weak mortar time-bomb! This is the story of just one site A Taylor Wimpey Development in Peebles Scotland. There are many others up and down the...
  2. N

Government publishes its resposne to redress Consultation

For a consultation that closed as long agao as 16 April 2018, it is galling that it has taken our government over NONE MONTHS to publish the responses. Nevertheless it is clear that a statutory New Homes Ombudsman will be created to give new homebuyers someone to champion their corner when they...
  3. N

Government reiterated its commitment to Statutory New Homes Ombudsman

Government statement: "And to protect the interests of home-owners who buy new build homes, government has also reiterated its commitment to establishing a New Homes Ombudsman which will champion home buyers, protect their interests and hold developers to account. Legislation will be brought...
  4. N

Statutory New Homes Ombudsman to be created

At the Conservative Party Conference Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government James Brokenshire announced that a statutory new homes ombudsman will be created. This is something I have campaigned for since June 2014 - four long years. It's been a long, hard...
  5. N

If you want a new homes ombudsman, fill this in now!

There are now just SEVEN days (after today) left to take part in this very important consultation. It is vital that a new homes ombudsman exists so buyers of new homes with defects can have someone to go to so they can claim compensation. http://www.new-home-blog.co.uk/consultation-consumer-redress/
  6. N

New Homes Ombudsman - 7 days to complete important consulation

There are now just SEVEN days (after today) left to take part in this very important consultation. It is vital that a new homes ombudsman exists so buyers of new homes with defects can have someone to go to so they can claim compensation. http://www.new-home-blog.co.uk/consultation-consumer-redress/
  7. N

Buyers who complain about the NHBC to the Financial Ombudsman

In the first six months of 2017, 22o new homebuyers complained to the Financial Ombudsman Service about the NHBC. Just 26% has their complaints upheld! http://www.ombudsman-complaints-data.org.uk/
  8. N

New Homes Ombudsman - Government Consulation

If you do nothing else this year, please take just a few minutes and fill this in. There is an 8-week "consultation" for a "Housing Ombudsman" which could include an independent New Homes Ombudsman within it, or a stand-alone Ombudsman for new homebuyers. The consultation runs from 18 February...
  9. N

Sign this Petition to govenrnent for better quality new homes

The only way the housebuilding industry will change for the better is if enough people sign this petition. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/167660 A group of MPs had an Inquiry last year into the quality of new homes. The Inquiry Report made ten recommendations, including the setting up...
  10. N

Sign the Petition to Government for a New Homes Ombudsman

Please: Sign my Petition to the UK Government for the Implementation of the TEN recommendations of the APPG Inquiry Report Into the Quality of New Homes. In particular, as a minimum, the reports "Key Recommendation" for the DCLG to set up a New Homes Ombudsman...
  11. N

Sign Petition for New Homes Ombudsman

Please: Sign my Petition to the UK Government for the Implementation of the TEN recommendations of the APPG Inquiry Report Into the Quality of New Homes. In particular, as a minimum, the reports "Key Recommendation" for the DCLG to set up a New Homes Ombudsman...
  12. N

Check NHBC Standards for FREE online

The NHBC have said on their website: In other words, there is no need to purchase the standards from Summer 2015. They are to be available FREE to anyone online (currently costing £50) Non registered- NHBC Builder
  13. N

Bovis win no NHBC Quality Awards in 2014/15

On Bovis Homes website: Bovis homes' website: Yet not one Bovis site manager won an NHBC PITJ Quality Award last year. NOT ONE! Even Persimmon managed six - 2 less than last year! Bovis are also rated 3 stars (only Persimmon was as bad!) by their own customers. Something should be done...
  14. N

Sign The Petition For An Ombudsman For New Home Buyers

Sign the petition today: https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-david-cameron-mp-commission-a-new-homes-ombudsman?just_created=true
  15. N

Private Messages to NewHomeExpert

Sending me, the New Home Expert a Private Message on this forum is pretty much a waste of time. For a start, I rarely visit this forum these days preferring to help people on my own New Home Owners Forum or the Unhappy New Home Owners Facebook Group. If you are too lazy to join these and...
  16. N

A very very funny satire blog spoofing Persimmon

This is a very well written and funny blog spoofing Persimmon Homes. Check it out here: mranthrop.blogspot.co.uk/ The latest blog is a spoof employment vacancy for a "Junior Strategic Chancer" Check it out. A tale of corporate greed, callousness and moral bankruptsy : Yob application
  17. N

Why do people buy Persimmon Homes fill in their Customer Feedback Survey

If you ever wondered what type of people buy a Persimmon or Taylor Wimpey new home look at their feedback survey forms: What type of person buys a new home from Persimmon? | New Home Blog
  18. N

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT from New Homes Expert

New Home Expert has been replying to posts and providing information on this forum for 3 years, making over 1600 posts. I have now reached the conclusion that all the information and/or advice now already exists on the forum and I have been repeating my advice for sometime. I have...
  19. N

This shows just how little taylor Wimpey care

This video shows just how little Taylor Wimpey care when building your new home! How Taylor Wimpey unload roof trusses! The roof trusses seen being thrown on the ground are structurally designed and engineered products and should only be moved lifted and stored upright. In any event...
  20. N

Pissemoff Homes make even non-buyers angry!

"Pissemoff Homes" in this blog written by a neighbour to one of their massive developments. Its well worth a read! http://mranthrop.blogspot.co.uk