Search results

New Build Inspections
  1. D

What is the point?

I bought a new home I am not stupid and resent being told otherwise, I am sure every new home owner on here has enough problems without your childish rant. Your attitude may well explain why members do not post. People come on here for advice and a great many of them do say thank you, myself...
  2. D

Door Locks

I have been censured in a PM and my offensive post reported to the mod!! I fail to see why he thought you were being sarcastic to him in your response to "recommendahome" . I took it that your sensible advice post was in respect of the non advice given by Bett, after all our resident expert had...
  3. D

Door Locks

Actually she/he is not the first and well you know it. People come on here for advice they do not come on to be belittled and that is what you did. They admitted in their original post to not checking door was locked, And checking door would have only alerted them to the problem earlier, it...
  4. D

Door Locks

Interesting, we have had a similar problem but put it down to forgetting to lock door, tried the above advice from recommendathome and blow me down if it wasn't the same with our lock,I will be contacting Betts as no one ever told us to make sure thumbturn had to be vertical,I didn't even...
  5. D

Very Poor Drainage

We have lived here a year, the trees have never budded. They are sitting in sodden clay. If you have decent soil you shouldn't have to dig a pit to plant anything. Compost is fine for pots but I wouldn't necessarily use it to plant a tree, I would certainly use manure/muck. Early indications...
  6. D

Very Poor Drainage

Recently noticed that seven of the eight trees planted in the showhouse garden have no leaves, bare as a babys bum. I think that fact should alert Betts to the blue clay, and doesn't bode well for the rest of us planting anything other than grass.
  7. D

Ongoing saga of drainage problems

I started a thread on drainage re my house/garden, would be interested as to what part of the country you are in rabc. Builder has installed drains, they appear to work in some gardens but not in others. We are getting an independent survey done as to the type and amount of topsoil we have.
  8. D

Very Poor Drainage

My garden, anyone agree that this is not soil.
  9. D

Taylor Wimpey reviews

Ach min am a relative newbie and did cross swords a wee bit with our in-house expert :p a difference of opinion you might say. If like me you have questions then just ask them, it is usually next day before a response is given, no big deal.:cool:
  10. D

Very Poor Drainage

No hopepipe ban up here :cool: which is the only upside. Am not a good gardener as I thought a decent level of topsoil would have allowed drainage. They are digging trenches of varying depths it seems, putting in a liner/chuckies and plastic pipes, chuckies on top of pipe and then soil/clay. I...
  11. D

Very Poor Drainage

Betts are now draining third garden, no work on mine as yet, I get the impression from those done being done that its been a sticking plaster solution. How do I make sure the job is done right. Should I get advice from a landscaper/gardening firm. The fact there is almost no topsoil in most of...
  12. D

Taylor Wimpey reviews

A bit of patience, you posted first time less than 24 hours ago. I dont see anyone has talked over your post, you should have started your own thread. :confused:
  13. D

Not A Snagging Question

Attended a community council meeting this week with several residents from the SM site, we are going to form a residents association. A rep from SM was there and the planning gain was discussed, and it was an eyeopener. The council have been pointing the finger of blame at SM and it turns out...
  14. D

The Meadows Portlethen

Well site is now a ghost site, tradesman paid off and builders have gone. Any snagging issues will only be dealt with if there is two days work for whatever trade is required!! No more drives have been done..one waterlogged garden has been drained and pipes etc laid., eleven more to do. Several...
  15. D

Waterlogged garden

Waterlogged gardens seem to be an issue everywhere, builders appear reluctant to address this problem. If the small lake on their own site[BETT] doesn't alert them to the lack of drainage then nothing will. Twelve homes occupied..twelve gardens need drained..so far they have done ONE. We have...
  16. D

The Meadows Portlethen

Well neighbours driveway was widened and they used lockblock to match rest of drive....but guess what..the rest of us have to pay to widen ours. apparently we knew that the 1ft to almost 3ft in some cases of grass verge next to drive was ours. I am really confused, boundary marker was not put in...
  17. D

Not A Snagging Question

Thank you, will check out the planning. council say no need for school as roll numbers show no requirement for one! this is despite several 1000 homes being built/to be built. they have used the planning gain to prop up the school the new one should have replaced.
  18. D

Not A Snagging Question

Stewart Milne homes at Portlethen question. Planning approval was given provided a primary school was on the plans. SM provided the land for the school handed over £2 million plus in planning gain, school should have been completed this year. School has not been built, 100s of people bought...
  19. D

TV Programme looking for problem homes

The NHBC probably does help 1000s of home owners, which is an appalling statement to make. Any industry that needs an outside agency to help 1000s of people should be the subject of a govt enquiry. why doesn't it force builders to make better quality homes. So with respect it is partly to blame.
  20. D

Missing Cavity Wall Insulation

I checked out the NHBC website. I cant advise you on your problem, the fact they didn't seem interested in your problem makes a mockery of what they state on their website. What price the ten year guarantees, they are bl^^dy worthless. Who funds these people,:confused: