Search results

New Build Inspections
  1. J

Creaking Ceilings - Getting Nowhere with NHBC

I would severely take to social media and kick off. Builders don't like negative comments. I had to do with Strata due to their soppy way or solving stuff. They was on TV last week for floor issues. Has NHBC been involved? What's their opinion?
  2. J

Which builder are you with? Tell them you want resilient bars. It works. Stand on with them or refer them to this.
  3. J

Cracking noise in ceilings Strata Homes

Bit of a bugger isn't it. Loads of people have had bars and it's fixed it. Hope you get it sorted. What next for you?
  4. J

Out of curiosity... which way did they fit your bars? What direction?
  5. J

No idea why they put it in but helps keep house warmer at least
  6. J

Ceilings to be Replaced

To give everyone an update on our situation. Strata homes have taken every ceiling out in the house and fit resilient bars across the joists. They have also layed fibreglass covering across the resilient bars. They have attached the plasterboard to the resilient bars and it has 100% cured the...
  7. J

To give everyone an update on our situation. Strata homes have taken every ceiling out in the house and fit resilient bars across the joists. They have also layed fibreglass covering across the resilient bars. They have attached the plasterboard to the resilient bars and it has 100% cured the...
  8. J

9. J

Downstairs ceiling "cracking" noise when people walk upstairs

10. J

Downstairs ceiling "cracking" noise when people walk upstairs

I have just put a post up about this. I live in a Strata Home and had problems for 8 months. The solution to date is resilient bars. It has worked in one room and they are going to do the rest. Time will tell I guess but the bars have clearly created a gap between the TJI joists and the boards...
  11. J

Hello All, I moved into a 4 bedroom Barcelona type house which was built by Strata. We moved into this property in June 2016 it had been stood a good few months so had clearly been build in winter 2015 / 2016. Since moving into this property we have had problems with cracking noises in the...