Search results

New Build Inspections
  1. B

Advertising what can go wrong

Forgot to say it was £77,000 they got fined for putting up illegal signs. If they can get fined that much for putting up signs surely they should get fined millions for the junk houses they have been spewing out!!
  2. B

Wimpey fined for fly posting I found an article about Wimpey being fined for putting up signs(fly-posting) HA HA!!! :D They've been fined for pretty much everything in life but unfortunatley not for building crap house's. I live in hope
  3. B

OFT clears housebuilders of land hoarding

The OFTs report http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/comp_policy/oft1020.pdf
  4. B

OFT clears housebuilders of land hoarding

The industries code of conduct will probably be as much use to home buyers as a chocolate teapot aka NHBC
  5. B

Hi Tony, the sites doing not to bad. I've been monitoring it using google analytics, so far it's been viewed by about 1500 people. I haven't heard anything from wimpey so far, maybe they dont care that potential buyers could be walking away from them. I got in contact with ITV and they...
  6. B

Beware of Wimpey

Update I've added some updates to the site including a list of problems my neighbours have. I'm waiting on a list from my other next door neighbour who lives in what was one of the showhomes. I've also spotted a fault with the showhome that wimpey advertise on it's website. The link to the...
  7. B

The restriction is understandable Thanks, Kevin
  8. B

Thanks for the advice Thanks for the advice guys, will keep clear of lampposts etc. To quote the deeds "No board, card, plat or advertising notice of any kind can be placed on the plot without neighbour consent" fortunately the neighbours are all for the banner. I suspect we will get a...
  9. B

Beware of Wimpey

Hi Tony, Fortunatley wimpey filled the gap a couple of weeks ago just prior to an NHBC inspection. Thanks for your comments and taking the time to look at the site. Kevin BewareOfWimpey.com
  10. B

Beware of Wimpey

Hi Mark, Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to look at the site. I'll need to look into the step height again. Several people (including me) have fallen going out the door because of the drop, stepping over the door frame and the width of the doors. What part of the regulations...
  11. B

I've put together a website about the problems I've had with my house. It is currently advertised on google, I'm going to put a banner up at the corner of our property (happens to be the entrance to the development), we're going to put posters on the lamp posts leading to the sales offices and...
  12. B

can we personally snag or not?

Why Not?!?!?!? Tell them to stick it I would threaten to walk away if they dont allow you to do it Cheers, BewareOfWimpey.com
  13. B

Beware of Wimpey

At the end of last year we purchased a wimpey home :mad: as you can imagine I have a very long list of problems and little help from wimpey. I've put together a website detailing the issues we've had. BewareOfWimpey.com