Search results

1. D

Roof problems only discovered very recently

Actis Triso Super 10+ going in, at £200 a roll!
  2. D

Yes, I am well aware the history of Bryant homes, and Taylor Wimpey. I see the penny has finally dropped for you unlike in previous posts. Well Done! Why do you think I posted in this thread Bryant Homes, and I got Taylor Wimpey to rectify the faults??? (Thankfully ignoring your useless...
  3. D

Scaffolding went in, in the stair area today. I have the beginnings of Insulation!
  4. D

Can't you get anything right? It was a Bryant home, AS PER THE THREAD! Taylor Wimpey are finally rectifying. It's actualy a company called Simcott doing the work. You make me laugh stating I am constantly giving you abuse The thread is quite clear and easy for anyone to read your so called...
  5. D

Taylor Wimpey have now agreed to sort out all squeeking floors in my top 2 bedrooms, and the stairs up both flights (town house) Also agreed to arrange and do a sound test between me and my neighbour (semi detached) Also agreed to pay me compensation once all works are completed to my...
  6. D

Work started today :cool:
  7. D

1. I don't 'appear' to have an issue with you. I'm just stating i found your self proclaimed 'Expert help' to be anything but. TBH your whole attitude comes across really badly, no wonder I'm not the only one to think so. 2. Yes, it has taken a long time to resolve. But resolved it will be...
  8. D

deleted and reposted to include post I am responding to.
  9. D

Well, it took a very long time but finally got there (nearly!) Work booked for 3 March for 2 weeks, as follows for the whole top of my home: We will remove the plasterboard from the underside of the roof rafters (skielings) and expose the cellotex. · The rafters have been confirmed...
  10. D

snagging rules for refurbished properties

Dr Pink Exactly my thoughts on 'NewHomeExpert' See my thread "Roof problems only discovered very recently" under Bryant Homes. His 'Expert help and advice' as he puts it were wrong and unhelpful. I ignored him, and pursued myself to a very satisfactory conclusion. Good luck with...
  11. D

Taylor Wimpey have been in touch and told me that someone will be here this week to rectify the insulation problem. Still waiting to hear what they will decide to do regarding the brickwork. So much for your 'expert' advice.... I will update after workmen have been.
  12. D

As mentioned in previous post nhbc and taylor wimpey rep came today with a roofer for further inspection. All in all, very glad I ignored your useless comments. I hope other's with similar problems will take heart from my experience. Hopefully the problems will be sorted soon. I will post when...
  13. D

nhbc and Taylor wimpey rep came today to inspect my property. seemed to go very well, they have agreed to come back next Tuesday and remove some roof tiles to confirm the lack of insulation and the water membrane being wrong way round. it appeared that if wrong it will be rectified, time will...
  14. D

The NHBC are doing something, I managed (with quite a bit of persuasion) to get them to come and inspect. I'm hoping the guy will make some type of report for me to go at the house builder. My understanding is the NHBC covers damage from defects also. How could it have been reported when...
  15. D

Hello all I purchased my property new in August 2006. It's a 3 storey semi-detached town house. It was rented for the first few years, then I moved in Apr 2011. I recently had a builder fit extra insulation to the small loft, and he pointed out some very disturbing news. The pitch roof...