Search results

1. F

Creaking/Cracking ceilings

We did in the end and have just had the report. Their view is that is it is the drying out of the joists and they are uneven and a resilient layer would reduce/resolve the issue. The developer I think will just ignore the report or say they don't have to do anything and the warranty holder will...
  2. F

I did contact the above and they said they couldn't help as it wasn't their area of expertise as they didn't think it was a structural issue.
  3. F

Hi sorry for the delay in response. We have/had a number of snagging issues and after 5 months the Developer told us he wasn't going to do anything else so we wrote to the warranty holder and they told him he had to sort stuff out. The Developer came out and listened to floors, agreed there...
  4. F

It is a nightmare, nobody wants to know. I just called a lot of people and eventually found a structural engineer who would help. I think because it was a small developer and not a big company they were willing to come out. In my case the floor didn't need to be opened as there were photos from...
  5. F

A structural engineer has been out and he has said it is down to the joists being too wet and warping slightly so a resilient layer is needed. This is what the warranty holder said too. So not structural which is good in one way...
  6. F

Hi Thank you for replying - but sorry I can't access your video as it is a private group. It is amazing that the warranty holder has made the decision that it doesn't fall under 'Major Damage' as per their policy, despite a Surveyor/Engineer not making a visual inspection of the joists or...
  7. F

Hi Just bumping this question. Our Warranty holder Homeproof (Aedis) have now changed their minds and said that the ceiling making loud cracking noises when someone walks upstairs is not covered under their warranty and they and the builder are not liable as they are happy it was to building...
  8. F

Hi I have seen the threads below on this issue and I wondered if anyone had any success with a resilient layer? Our developer re-screwed the floors, tightened/checked noggins. It has reduced the creaking upstairs but made no difference to cracking noise downstairs, the developer doesn't want to...