Snagging help required

New Build Inspections

RichardJames

Morning all,

I have a quick query and I wonder i someone could share their knowledge to help me in my next steps.

We are first time buyers and due to exchange shortly in the coming weeks. Been and looked at the house a number of times and noticed the roof tiles to have various different colourations.

Looking around the street not one house has a variation of tile only our house. I’m sure there’s no issue with the tiles and it could be some weathering but is it wrong to ask them to be replaced with tiles to match the rest of the street as we are paying a lot of money and to get a house that looks like it’s got a mix and match roof is very annoying.

What steps would you advise to try and get the issue resolved?

Thank you.

J

Attachments

• 0EE1DA13-5AAC-4765-B622-8B447674D323.png
    0EE1DA13-5AAC-4765-B622-8B447674D323.png
    288.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

New Build Inspector

snagging inspections 01788 494400
Morning all,

I have a quick query and I wonder i someone could share their knowledge to help me in my next steps.

We are first time buyers and due to exchange shortly in the coming weeks. Been and looked at the house a number of times and noticed the roof tiles to have various different colourations.

Looking around the street not one house has a variation of tile only our house. I’m sure there’s no issue with the tiles and it could be some weathering but is it wrong to ask them to be replaced with tiles to match the rest of the street as we are paying a lot of money and to get a house that looks like it’s got a mix and match roof is very annoying.

What steps would you advise to try and get the issue resolved?

Thank you.

J
Hi Richard they should be of a consistant appearance.. Find out who makes them and contact there tech dept see if there's any reason for it

RichardJames

Hi Richard they should be of a consistant appearance.. Find out who makes them and contact there tech dept see if there's any reason for it

Hi,

I have contacted the tile manufacturer and asked why the appearance is like that and he said it was efflorescence in the tile and in time it will harmonise. But i don’t see any structural issue with them it’s more the point that it’s a new build property and all the houses in the street bar ours have matching tiles is it unreasonable to ask for them to be changed to match throughout?

Thank you

New Build Inspector

snagging inspections 01788 494400
Efflorence is Normal and can take a couple of years to go away

It doesn't look like efflorescence to me though... Efflorescence is salt deposits

It looks more like a batch of tiles that have come out the mould a differring colour

RichardJames

Thank you, I have asked for them to be replaced to match the rest of the entire street but as of yet it does not look like they are willing to do so. So I do not know my next step. At the moment we are due to exchange contracts but I’m unwilling to do so until the issue is resolved