Recent content by yandeboy

New Build Inspections
  1. Y

Settlement Cracks

s Sorry. to be more specific, letter/email actually states 'ALL shrinkage cracks would be dealt with'. I am told this means all cracks irrespective of whether it is structural or plaster
  2. Y

Settlement Cracks

Can anyone advise or comment on this. We noticed the usual settlement cracks in our new home. When we complained, we were told both verbally and in writing that All settlement cracks would be fixed at the final snagging stage - 2yrs. We are now at that stage but builder has not retracted...
  3. Y

General

i feel for you. the prob is with new home builders. there is so much they could ve done, but they havent done. i ve just lodged a complaint with the police against one of my neighbours for threatening behaviour. the scenario is slightly similar. they are actually double parking their van on the...
  4. Y

wooden kitchen splash back

My letter was published by Mortgage Introducer magazine..see link below: http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/ccstory/18409/12/Protection_needs_improving.htm
  5. Y

New Homes Don't Meet Energy Standards

firstly, you need to asceratin from builders what date planning approval was obtained. the relevant SAP rating is what was in force when planning was approved and not when work started or building completed. If i am not mistaken, the new regulation which is quite strict, known as part L came...
  6. Y

front door standard

Does anyone know or have details of the relevant standard for front door and front door locks. I was told the standard ought to be a lock with a 5 lever mortice, but mine isn't. Infact door has no proper handle. Brand new Bloor home in Milton keynes Treetops
  7. Y

yes, there is something to claim for as my solicitors have confirmed this. i.e. stress and financial loss. I shall proceed with this
  8. Y

planning was approved feb 2005, do you have details of what regs would apply in specific relation to energy standard and efficiency
  9. Y

This thread discusses the Content article: New Homes Don't Meet Energy Standards So, what would be the required standard for homes with planning approval before April 2006, but completed after April 2006. I have a Bloor home which falls in this category. The heating insulation is poor. I...
  10. Y

Thanks a lot. I ve emailed. Do you reckon i stand a good chance of getting compensation as i was unable to use my kitchen due to fear of fire harzard. My building insurance company advised me that they would not pay out in the even of fire resulting from this wooden splash back. Hence i was...
  11. Y

New build property ? insulation & heating advice

i have a similar problem. moved into a brand new bloor home 8 weeks ago. plenty of other problems to say the least. Similar to yours, our living room is a cold artic! Bloor homes have insisted all was done right though they have not confirmed what building regs they followed and have infact...
  12. Y

Only recently moved in a brand new bloor house in wolverton mill, milton keynes. Of course, the list of problems have been endless...a complete nightmare. One issue we had was that:they installed a wooden splash back by the kitchen cooker hob. I felt this was dangerous as it is a fire harzard...