Recent content by leelad00

New Build Inspections
  1. L

Delay compensation - what to expect?

Very good point thank you. We have had the call with them and they're offering to put flooring in the house; or try and possibly credit the same amount in value towards our deposit, to be paid on completion.
  2. L

Great thank you; I don't think cash was ever going to cross my bargaining plan to be honest - material things like previously mentioned they'll be able to get cheaper than I would anyway so more worthwhile asking for stuff than £ like you said! Cheers :)
  3. L

No I understand that, I guess I am just trying to find out like, if I walk in there and ask for a sofa for example; they won't look at me like an idiot haha (outrageous example obvs). I was thinking like, Flooring, blinds/shutters, a washer/dryer, fitted wardrobes - are they all reasonable...
  4. L

Yeah they've already said they will give us a gesture of goodwill, just wondering what kind of things to expect and what I can try and get them to throw in! Thanks for the reply
  5. L

TL;DR What kind of things can a house builder offer as part of a goodwill gesture/compensation package in your experience? So, myself and my partner originally reserved our new build property off-plan at the end of June 2021 and then went on to exchange contracts in August 2021. At the time of...