Recent content by kitty

New Build Inspections
  1. K

Bovis home.

Thank you for your quick response to my daughters problems. She has contacted Bovis about the knotweed, They have taken photographs of all the properties that are affected and will treat them once, but will be over a period of 3 years, but if it returns after this it will be the responsiblity...
  2. K

Bovis home.

Hi My daughter has purchased a new build in December and has been faced with problem after problem. Most recently having Japanese Knot Weed in her garden, amongst other things. She now has to move out of her house to have a new kitchen fitted as the old one was falling off the wet walls and...
  3. K

Hopps??

Steve. Oh heck would it really take a professional that long? Now i'm panicking, I thought it might take a while for me!! So you think i should ask a builder to go over the snagging list? This is such a stressfull experience, and i think this is just the beginning.
  4. K

Hopps??

Hi Steve, Havent been given a new date for a home visit as yet, NHBC are back in on wed. Unfortunately, i don't know anyone from construction but have downloaded a snagging list which is rather long but has made me aware of things to check which i wouldn't have otherwise.Might take an hour or...
  5. K

Hopps??

Thanks Steve, We've had a phone call today to say that NHBC is now coming to inspect next wed now so we wont be completing until the following week, 6th july, so it gives them another week! Still not sure if that gives them enough time but we will see.
  6. K

Hopps??

Hi Steve, We've done nothing but address the situation, and have said that we wont complete if its not done, only to be told that we will be charged interest if we don't pay within 7 days of legal completion! i'm just hoping the weather will dry up for them to crack on. Didn't expect anything...
  7. K

Hopps??

Well, as i said before, time will tell!! And yes, it certainly has... Legal completion on the 30 june, but no garden, no walls, and no garage! someones going to be busy. What a nightmare?? I wish i'd never set eyes on the place. This certainly hasn't been a pleasant experience. One of which i...
  8. K

Hopps??

Hi Steve, Many thanks for your reply, I think i need to keep an open mind for now!! although cant help worrying if im honest. Time will tell.
  9. K

Hopps??

Hi everyone, Im new to this, never bought a property off plan before and is sooo worrying, and by the looks of things i should be! Does anyone know what a HOPPS is? Home Owners Protection Plan i think, does anyone know if its actually worth taking this plan out?? Help... Were buying from...