Recent content by jarvis

New Build Inspections
  1. J

nhbc grp lintels and sills

Thank you for your response, i have no intention of giving up on this need more signatures for my online petition for a debate in parliament link below. will try your other suggestions also. better protection when buying a home - e-petitions
  2. J

response from Financial Ombudsman see below, not the response i wanted but a response i have come to expect. i have to respond by the 16th November 2012 otherwise they take it that i have accepted the decision and case closed any ideas for a response to strengthen my case against NHBC/Taylor...
  3. J

NHBC - Coving issur

Hi Chips Thank you, the link is below please forward to any one you know and get them to sign it. Regards Jarvis better protection when buying a home - e-petitions
  4. J

Taylor Wimpey reviews

Hi It's important to remember that not all new builds/builders are bad, you need to view the house with your eyes wide open, the show house is not necessarily a true reflection of what your house will be like a lot more time and detail is taken on them that's not to say they wont have problems...
  5. J

NHBC Forum

Have set up an e petition to try and get better protection for home buyers need at least 100,000 signatures to force a debate in parliament got to be worth a try closes 24/01/2013 better protection when buying a home Responsible department: Department for Communities and Local Government...
  6. J

NHBC Cover for defective wall

Have set up an e petition to try and get better protection for home buyers need at least 100,000 signatures to force a debate in parliament got to be worth a try closes 24/01/2013 better protection when buying a home Responsible department: Department for Communities and Local Government...
  7. J

NHBC - Coving issur

8. J

NHBC Standards Services and internal finishing

9. J

No when i first complained there were six or seven that were showing signs of movement they came out and would only look at one of them because that one was virtually hanging out of the wall.
  10. J

My view exactly unfortunately NHBC have other ideas.
  11. J

LOL there is a steel lintel above the windows with the plastic stone looking lintel sitting on top of that and supporting the bricks above, i think the stone look plastic lintel things are purely decorative and should not be used in this way possibly a cock up by the builder i think the steel...
  12. J

The GRP lintels used have no BBA approval i have confirmation of that from the BBA. The GRP lintels are made to look like stone and were used to give the impression of stone they are oblong and sit above the window and support the brick work the bricks are laid in the same manner as building a wall.
  13. J

persimmon homes cwi etc

Hi James Not sure about having thicker blocks thus meaning you don't need cavity wall insulation but i dare say someone on here will give you the right answer, as for snagging lists always get it in writing you can email it to customer services, but also send a paper copy but always obtain...
  14. J

Taylor Wimpey reviews

That is true but is shouldn't be that way, if we can get the magic number of 100 thousand at least it will spark a debate, once it has reached that number might be an idea to start annoying your MP have already contacted a few that i have had dealings with in the past. All we can do is try...
  15. J

Taylor Wimpey reviews

Have set up an epetition to try and get better protection for home buyers need at least 100,000 signitures to force a debate in parliament got to be worth a try closes 24/01/2013 better protection when buying a home Responsible department: Department for Communities and Local Government...