Recent content by JAKing

New Build Inspections
  1. J

Doors too short!

if there is a lot to take off the bottom (you say its more than a small amount, but how much is that?) Just thinking a lot of B&Q stores will cut a worktop for you to the required length. Just a thought, but would it be worth asking if they would also take a small amount off the bottom of...
  2. J

Here we go then, done all I can, lets see

Brilliant, Love it :D
  3. J

Yeah, that thought had occurred to me as well :D It may well be the tap that's holding the wall up in a few years :)
  4. J

Thing is though i live in cumbria, as you well know, it does not take a rocket scientist, therefor, to figure out where i work. The fact of the matter is pretty much everyone else on the estate here works in the same place. We demand quality, and persimmon are not providing. Thats why the...
  5. J

Advice needed re Site sewage access in back garden

Well, no expert on these matters, however the first thing i would look at are the deed docs to your home. there may be a clause in there saying you accept this. Permanent drains should be much deeper, but i dont know about one thats temporary. your best best is your solicitor. Also i would...
  6. J

I am no Expert on new homes by any means, but i can take a stab at why i can imagine persimmon profit is lower than some: I dont think they make a great deal on the house itself, with the cost of land and all, and then planning etc, i can see that, they will of course make some, but nothing...
  7. J

Hang the gate yes, but also buy it as well. A fence was included, but a gate is an "extra" Persimmon would have put one up for me had I paid a fortune for it, but i didnt. I had a decent gate made at a local joiner firm, which is of far higher quality than the one the neighbour bought from...
  8. J

Sorry for late reply, been a while for bt to sort out phone line and hence internet connection. No, not a timber frame house, the wall in question is only a partition wall seperating the second and the third bedrooms. The external walls are all ok. think it will boil down to a warped...
  9. J

Who did you use for the snagging - brickkickers.co.uk
  10. J

Well, Snagger been, not too many problems really. There was a scratch on patio door window and handle, so site manager booked new glass to go in, and a new handle. there is a bow in one of the bed room walls, the centre of the wall is further into the room than the corners, though the...
  11. J

Close but no cigar, no Jam Eaters here (a Jam Eater is someone who lives in workington)
  12. J

You have a partial name and address, you dont have it in full, there are 3 sea view drives I know of in my home town alone. So UK wide there must be hundreds of them, a bit like living in a pub called "the kings arms"
  13. J

Cant get used to Jun being the end of the first half of the year. Whilst the company I work for are a private sector company, the main customer are the NDA a public sector body. They tend to insist we start the year in April, so end of Sept is our half year point. I guess its just easier for...
  14. J

Visiting Site During Build

None of the doors were ever open out of hours, or at least not that i know of, though i never did try them. If i wanted to enter the house I just had to call the sales office first and they came and let me in, though I never saw any of the builders actually there. I work through the week so...
  15. J

Visiting Site During Build

I never really had thisI had to book an appointment any time i wanted to actually go into the house, but to get to the site and into the garden and look through the windows was no problem. Though its hard for them to close off the road as some of the builds were already occupied