Recent content by Gordy

New Build Inspections
  1. G

Estate goes from Bad to Worse

Latest rumours are that the roads and lights might not be sorted until next year :( We complain and complain but little happens. Home
  2. G

Hiya, We have no foot paths, i think this is where a lot of confusion has come in :( DWH keep their rating high by questioning new home-owners shortly after moving, while still full of the new-home joy. As the months progress and the snags aren't dealt with, the roads are still a mess etc...
  3. G

Hiya, thanks (as always) for the advice. I have written to the current Barratt CEO, David Thomas. I've had a couple of replies from his PA assuring me that Carl Hayley, the divisional director will address all the residents concerns and keep David informed. So far they have temporarily...
  4. G

Our estate in Somerset is appalling. Despite complaining several times the landscaping remains disgraceful and the only action David Wilson Homes seem willing to take is to continually scatter grass seed hoping it will magically get better. Even worse than the landscaping is the state of...
  5. G

14 months after moving in, the render is finally being redone

Hi, thanks for your advice as always :) I'm not sure about the expansion joints. I tried to take pictures as they went along. Render pictures We're not all that happy with the finish. The new render sections have been spray finished whereas I think the original finish, still on two sides...
  6. G

14 months after moving in, the render is finally being redone

Work has finally started to replace our render. We raised concerns about the render before we even completed in May 2014 so it seems ridiculous that we're having to put up with this disruption now. I suppose we should be grateful it's happening. We asked for a full survey and report on all...
  7. G

Boss Render, NHBC Helping

Well, this is all turning into a bit of a nightmare. There's still no resolution to our bad render and little progress. DWH have had to apply for several extensions to NHBC. This morning the DWH site foreman, the render sub-contractor and the K-Rend rep turned up to take turns to walk...
  8. G

Boss Render, NHBC Helping

So, despite telling DWH that our render wasn't right before we moved in last May, and them supposedly fixing it, NHBC have recently been round to say there are serious issues with it. On several elevations the render is completely boss. What the builder had done before is simply patch the...
  9. G

Window Flashing - New Build Snag?

An NHBC guy has been round and was very helpful. He's told DWH that the lintel repair is not good enough and they've to do it again. Catnic are going to advise whether it's structurally sound first too.
  10. G

David Wilson Homes Meadow

The developers, despite complaints from all the residents, are going to try and sign off our "meadow" as ready for handing over to the management company. The grass hardly has any chance along side the building debris. It also looks like some old scaffolding has been dumped in the bushes...
  11. G

Well, no confirmation about the structural necessity of the lintel yet, but a guy has been round to "fix" it. I think it looks awful :(
  12. G

Extras paid for but not provided, refund denied (DWH)

Hi, thanks for the reply. I maybe should have noticed the blanking plate and put two and two together but I just didn't. I assumed it might be an inspection point or something. I hardly noticed it to be honest! I've asked DWH for a "final decision" regarding a refund but nothing yet...
  13. G

I've asked DWH to provide a written confirmation that the brickwork there is decorative and they will be liable for any future issues. Not sure what else to do at the moment. They haven't got back to me yet
  14. G

Extras paid for but not provided, refund denied (DWH)

We paid around £190, before we moved in to our new DWH, to have ethernet cables run from the hall to two rooms in the house. After moving in, I couldn't find the sockets in the hall, only the two rooms. As I need good internet connection for work, I purchased AC ethernet plugs which work...
  15. G

new homes group

Is requirement 2.5 still current? I saw one version of the code with it and one without. We agreed to go with the recommended solicitor to get a discount (2%), which was a mistake. We should have at least used that as an argument for a bigger discount. You realise after that they add 5% onto...